Do they still go ahead and disfellowship if you threaten them back?

by ThomasCovenant 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• 5go
    5go
    "Fighiting back" ain't worth it, at least not in the way you described. It would only seek to create an uncomfortable situation, and you would possily help reinforce the Watchtowers sterotypes of ex-members.

I agree; either stay, or go.

Though don't be affraid if they sling some mud at you throw the truth back at them. Just don't be shocked when they ignore it.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It has occasionally worked, where elders have backed down from a judicial committee due to threats of legal action, probably due to being timid elders. However the Watchtower legal stance is not to back down. They know that it is almost impossible for an exJW to sue, as courts do not like to get involved in religious issues.

I employed a lawyer and sent the following letter, made threats to sue etc, but it did not stop the elders going ahead, particularly because they were from Bethel and so had ready access to the bethel legal team. Even my lawyer advised that it would be almost impossible for me to sue and win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

c/- Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of Australia

2-4 Zouch Road

Denham Court NSW 2565

This is to advise that I have been employed by Paul Grundy to act on his behalf in regards to upcoming actions performed against him by the Parramatta Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and any of its agencies.

If any announcement is made in regards to Paul Grundy, either publicly or privately in regards to his association with Jehovah’s Witnesses, including but not limited to “Paul Grundy is no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses” I will be taking action against all people involved in such a decision and announcement.

I believe that we can prove grounds against you and associated brothers involved under all or any of the following areas:

• DefamationAlienation of Affection
    • Breach of Contract
    • Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress
    • Privacy torts

Paul is well known amongst the community of Jehovah’s Witnesses. All people aware of such an announcement understand that such an announcement signifies that he is either disfellowshipped or disassociated and most probably as an apostate. For this reason they will have not choice but to apply the highly defamatory remarks made within the Watchtower publications to his person, and be forced to shun him in line with Watchtower policy.

Paul also stands to loose significant business dealings by such an announcement as many Jehovah’s Witnesses have continued to use his services yearly for accounting advice and also eat at his salad bar.

It can also be proven that actions taken by xxx and associated brothers against Paul over the last twelve months have caused significant emotional distress. Doctor’s appointments, current use of prescription medicine and a referral to a psychiatrist for religious induced stress all serve to prove existing grounds. Any public or private announcement is most likely to exacerbate such conditions.

We do hope that this matter need not be taken any further. If the requests in the accompanying letter are adhered to Paul is looking forward to continuing his life with as limited contact with Jehovah’s Witnesses as necessary.

I also must iterate that further harassment of Paul cease. All contact with Paul is to be done in writing and copied to xxx & Associates

Yours Sincerely

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

its funny bro.............. but seriously........... who cares........... they dont.

if they want to df your A$$ they will.

it will probably work if you do the whole i belive its the truth and everything they say is right thing....... they will not have anything to hit you with. they need 2 witnesses and if they get them by any means your done. my grandma has an old friend who she talks to regularly....... she is jw he is not.......... could be considered her boyfriend......... she is only 80 after all.......... well her so called best jw girlfriend ratted her a$$ out to the elders.......... they called her into the back room and started grilling her about him...............

said we heard you have a worldly boyfriend......... she was like.............. WHATTTTTTTTT who would say something like that. this is a true statement and she put enough shock into it that they had to drop the matter.

me personally i hope shes getting some from him............ gives me hope when im 80 lol.

the leaflet idea......... total rubbish, you will look crazy number 1 and you will positvely reinforce the rank and file dubs of how crazy anyone outside the org is.

instead leave with your head held high and live the life god truely wants you to, knowing its gonna be a hell of alot more fun than all of theirs combined. and thats just the first blow job

• zack
    zack

I say sue all the elders on the Body. It isn't about winning, it is about making them miserable. And regardless of what Legal says to the elders, they will be on their own if you

sue them as individuals.

First, they will receive a summons and will have to appear in court, either in person or by proxy, to give an answer. This usually requires a lawyer. If the judge dismisses, then you can file again until you draw a judge that will let your case proceed. Then you can depose them as individuals and ask all sorts of embarrassing questions,

For me, it isn't about winning, it's about making them squirm. They feel like God is behind them. My attitude would be: OK, then, do you feel lucky?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

They'd disfellowship you, and then when you get all indignant you'd just look dumb.

• ninja
    ninja

go to the kingdom hall on a thursday night........pee in a bottle........lean the bottle of pee against the door and chap loudly......scarper >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit