Anyone else notice many more newbies suddenly???

by Tatiana 20 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

I said before and I said it now. We are having more newbies here in a week than baptisms in any Circuit Convention.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    We are having more newbies here in a week than baptisms in any Circuit Convention.

With the NBC expose of the pedophile scandal coming, I expect to see a ton more newbies dated 11/22 and up. Besides those who are pxxxed off because of the pedophiles and the attempts to hide them, there are those who will no longer risk ostracism by going out in field circus.

Why so few last month? I suspect the article in the Kingdumb Misery cracking down on independent sources being used to study the Bible or small groups of discussion for the Bible, along with being on forums, had something to do with that. The hounders were looking. And the flock was taking in the new information against it. Then the embarrassment hit. Now, people are going to ask who those men are to tell them to stay off the Internet while they are hiding pedophiles and silencing the victims. That for sure has got to flush out a lot of those who were curious and now ready to join.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    field circus.

alt

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Yeh, I'm a newbie, and loving it. To tell you the truth, I really can't tell you why or how I got here. I was doing some random google searches last week, differant subjects and just thought I'd see what the wts was up to lately. I stumbled across THIS , took a glance and said "YES! Thank you very much. Someone is looking out for me and my sanity. I have been struggling with not having anyone to share my ex-jw non-beliefs with, and here YOU ALL ARE. Thank you again for being here. Hope to meet many of you in the future.

• UU Now
    UU Now

I'm new. I signed up this month instead of last month because I just found the place. And also, frankly, because technical problems have made it impossible for me to post at a (non-JW-related) forum where I used to quite active. There's only so much time in a day for reading and posting.

There are several things I like about this site. There seems to be little demonizing of, and broad generalizations about, individual JWs. The posts are written in English, not leetspeak. It offers some inside info on doctrinal changes that I can't get from my mom.

• Gringa
    Gringa

Living in a developing country my US/World news is to be found on the internet and not the TV. One day I was visiting a web site to see a video of a recent news item and loll and behold! Among the 20 or so video thumbnails there was the video with the title - Jehovah's Witnesses settle sex abuse suite - of course, I clicked on it. It didn't say where the victims had been located so I did a google search on Jehovah's Witnesses sex scandle to findout and guess what came up 2 or 3rd on the search? This site - so I clicked and here I am...that was a week or so ago..hehehe, I may be one of the vocal ones - been out of the religion cult for a long time and my eyes are wide open. I have no reservations saying anything I want and am not afraid to voice my strong opinions about the JW - Hi mom!!!!!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I was thinking the same thing the other night, lots of new folks, it's great. There does seem to be surges whenever something big hits the news, maybe it's a chain reaction type thing.

WLG

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Welcome nomoreguilt, UU now, and Gringa! I knew it wasn't my imagination!

I have no reservations saying anything I want and am not afraid to voice my strong opinions about the JW - Hi mom!!!!!

DITTO! (Hi MOM!)

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Yes, I have noticed it too!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"My name is Billy* and I am an ex-Bethelite." *Names have been changed.

What brought me here was the NBC report. I thought, "Why haven't we gotten a warning letter from the Society about this?" So I thought maybe the news was too fresh for them to send a letter out. So, I checked jw-media.org to look for how lovingly sweet Mother Organization would shine bursting light rays of Godly Truth to expose the Satanic lies of Satan's demonicly devilish media. Well, I suppose you already ready their poopily crapfilled response. JR Brown should have simply stated, "Jehovah told us that it's none of your business." Of the hundreds of 'friends' I knew while serving in Bethel, none, not even one of them sent out a single warning about this to me... some friends they turned out to be.

I checked silentlambs for what they had, and kept searching the web for anything on either side of the subject. I was really enragefully angered when I found that these cases were from earlier this year, and we could have all been warned well in advance. And, well, here I am.

I've had doubts about many things, but had faith to stick with it. Of course an earlier thing that made me want to puke, was perhaps the last time I got an email from a Bethelite stating that the Bethel family had been told that there was no such thing as an 'ex-Bethelite'. No, all the Bethelites that were sent to Gilead, MTS, or back to the field were to be refered to as 'Bethel Trained Missionaries, Pioneers, and Elders'. I thought, "Who comes up with this stuff?" I recall that it was shortly thereafter that the story about the Watchtower Farms pervert Jesus Cano hit the news in Chicago and New York. I thought, "This is new light! Now they have Bethel Trained Child Molesters. The Holy Spirit works wonders for the blessing of Jehovah's clean Organization."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit