I have some good news I'm going to share with you at JWD

by noni1974 40 Replies latest jw friends

• noni1974
    noni1974

Some of you may know I'm a cab driver and I have been one for 3 years.The company I've been working for doesn't require a hack license.A hack license is a thing in my line of work needed to work in most big citys as a cab driver.You have to take a test to prove you know the city and if you pass you get your hack license.Not many people can pass the test.

I've been working for a suburban cab company so I never needed one before.Well a few weeks ago I looked into changing cab companys.So I called one and talked to the general manager about coming to that company.He was excited about it and set me up to take this test.I took the test a few weeks ago.I failed the first time but I had a feeling when I left that I was going to fail.Not because I don't know my city but because the test asks for exact address of major attractions businesses and hotels through out not only the city but the county as well.

So the following week I took the test again.I had a good feeling this time.I tried to call the guy back and get my results on the day I was supposed to.I couldn't get him on the phone.I started to think I had failed again so I thought I would let a few weeks go by and call him again to take the test again.

Well he called me yesterday and said I had passed.I am so excited.So my good news is I am changing cab companys.I can now work in the city of Cleveland with out worrying about getting a ticket.Now all I have to do is pass the drug test which is not a problem for me because I don't do any kind of drugs at all and a DOT phyical.

The reason for the change is I'm not making enough money at my currant company.We are only allowed to pick people up in the burbs and that makes it hard to make money.This company has many school trips paid for by the school boards and county.I will be able to have the cab 24/7 if I want.I can drive when ever I want without having to go and pick up a cab.

I know 2 guys who went to this cab company this year.The first went this summer and he told me he's making between 1400.00 a week and 900.00 a week take home.I'm making between 400.00 and 500.00 a week now.So I'll be making way more money.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Money isn't everything, but it sure helps pay the bills.

Good for you, noni!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Way to go Noni!!

BB

• Tara
    Tara

Noni, woo hoo! Congratulations!

• Dagney
    Dagney

That great!

Congratulations!!

• BFD
    BFD

That's great news, noni.

Glad it worked out for you. Mind if I post your pic again. hehe.

BFD

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Congrats!

Dave

• noni1974
    noni1974

That's great news, noni.

Glad it worked out for you. Mind if I post your pic again. hehe.

BFD

LOL I don't remember what picture your talking about so go for it.

• moshe
    moshe

Great news.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Glad to hear your good news!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit