How many Christmas yard ornaments is too many I ask?

by erynw 23 Replies latest jw friends

• erynw
    erynw

There is a house in my neighborhood that has to hold the record for christmas decorations in their yard. The neighborhood I live in has one road in and out so we can't avoid this eyesore.

I swear, they have every inflatable, plastic, lit up, wire formed, animated yard decoration that has ever been manufactured. It looks like K-Mart threw up in their yard.

They have enough lights on the house, bushes, trees, eaves, roof, fence to signal the mothership into a safe landing from any galaxy in the universe. The glow from their house rivals the light beam coming from the pyramid in Las Vegas, except the glow more resembles the afterglow of a nuclear blast than a beam shooting into space.

There is a slide show, with music, projecting onto their garage. Since we live in Hooterville, it's the closest thing we have to a drive-in theater so our Saturday nights aren't so boring.

And, the theme, if you can call it a theme, seems to be something of a hybrid between ultra religious reverence to the miracle of the virgin birth and the miracle of 1960's children's christmas TV specials. Everyone is present and accounted for, frosty, rudolph, the grinch, the chipmunks, that little elf that wanted to be a dentist, little tiny baby jesus, mary, and joseph, the wise men, candy canes, some camels, a donkey, and a polar bear wearing a santa hat.

About all that is missing, that I can see, is the guy who was always yelling at Alvin the chipmunk.

I think I'll go find my plastic santa head and stick on the front door and call it done.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Got any pics of the place you can share with us?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

In Salt Lake there is a house that has music playing on a radio station. It coordinates with the light show.

Have someone set up an inflatable that plays Led Zepplin. And shine a light in everyone's windows.

momz

• erynw
    erynw

I was thinking about driving over there and taking a picture of it.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Put it up if you do!

momz

• erynw
    erynw

ok BRB. If I catch pneumonnia (or however it's spelled) will you take care of me?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Definately!

momz

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

so why not take your Santa head and bury it up to its neck in the yard..or like this one below in real life.....like Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes) did with the demented Snowmen...

Snakes ()

• erynw
    erynw

They didn't come out too well with my little $100 digital camera, but I think you get the gist. And they didn't have the lights on! Dammit. OK, all of these are from one house. I will drive by in the daytime and take some more.

• bem
    bem

Until I seen the pictures, I thought maybe you were talking about my yardMines not quite as bad/good as that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit