Boy who Refused Blood Dies

by liquidsky 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

This makes me sick. It is just a reminder to keep my son away from my mother in law's grips! Just this week she gave him a book of bible stories. He's only just shy of 5.

We were in dire straights and needed a babysitter Monday so my husband dropped him off at his mom's against my wishes. This was the first and only time she's ever babysat for us.

Sure enough she took him out in service, on a bible study and to the kingdom hall while she did phone witnessing.

My son came home and said, "My grandma's a nice lady. She gave me this book about Jesus!"

The book somehow mysteriously made its way to the trash can!

• brinjen
    brinjen

Tragic, just tragic.

• llbh
    llbh

I am so upset

llbh

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

This was the response I received when I posted this on a pro-witness site.....

I think it's fantastic that this young man's conscience was respected and remained unviolated, despite the sad outcome.

And I think that the judge in this case was quite courageous to make this ruling, doubtless with not much support from his peers. A quote from Judge Meyer:

"I don't believe Dennis' decision is the result of any coercion. He is mature and understands the consequences of his decision," Meyer said during Wednesday's hearing. "I don't think Dennis is trying to commit suicide. This isn't something Dennis just came upon, and he believes with the transfusion he would be unclean and unworthy."

No Witness "just comes upon" the decision not to accept blood. Armed with both scriptural conviction and medical information, their decision is fully informed. I do believe a 14 year old who decides in this way has been made aware of all consequences. I know many studious, serious-minded, mature 14 year olds -- especially amongst Jehovah's Witnesses. If any doubt they exist, come visit a congregation near you.

• What-A-Coincidence
  • Namaste
    Namaste

When the judge said this it made me so sad:

"...he believes with the transfusion he would be unclean and unworthy."

Hmmm...and what enormous pressure was placed on this child to make him feel this way.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

IMO, the judge should be disbarred, what an idiot, 14 years old and now able to make life or death decisions. Like I said Judge is an idiot. One more child dead because of an obscure dietary law, the aunt should have the s**t kicked out of her too. Why weren't the parents taking care of him? Aunt has custody, child services decision? Aunt takes him to borg and brain washes him. Anyone who believe their stand on blood is 2 beers shy of a six pack. Everyone of them would take blood transfusions tomorrow if the Society said its okay now, and that in and of itself would show they are following men and not their conscience.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I wonder if the Society will try to get the children their pedophile elders violate declared as "mature minors" so that it isn't statutory rape.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

ah - so senseless. so very senseless.

I wish that huge hands could reach down from the sky, grabe that brooklyn bethal offices and shake em up good an proper.

They infiltrate every aspect of ones' life.

• bubble
    bubble

This is so sad

Another JW murder

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit