Boy who Refused Blood Dies

by liquidsky 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A "mature decision " at 14 ? arrived at "without coercion"

Around here a 14 year old cannot enter into binding contract to buy goods on H P, gain a licence to ride a motorcycle or drive a car, get married or sign up to fight for his country. Why? not only because he is physically immature but the law recognizes that he is emotionally immature too. Adults must not rely on his intention do fulfil any of those things , we have to treat him as a child and protect him from his own wavering desires.

So can he be rightly held responsible for a life or death medical decision? I am sure the lad would have had the junior version of the Blood Card but...........................?

What is coercion? Nobody held him down and forced him to refuse it . But if his only information is the stuff from the WT..that blood is banned by God, it displeases him, and that you get resurrected if you die but killed at Armageddon if you do accept it, well , what else can you expect?

Nobody can force a 14 year old to die for Allah, but we would not say that they are not coerced.....

TO BLUESAPHIRE

You are right to protect your boy from a zealous Grandma (loving though she may be) . My wife's grandmother was J W , Wifes mother never was , but sent them the her mother for holidays. Now the 3 sisters have been faithful J W's for decades, all down to Grandma...

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

No words.

• crac
    crac

Very sad to read that. Wonder if this will ever stop.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I think xJWs feel much more sadness over this boy than JWs. JWs go into deeper unreality mode, that 'soon' the boy will be resurrected to earth, they don't face the reality.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Gayle: You said: JWs go into deeper unreality mode, that 'soon' the boy will be resurrected to earth, they don't face the reality. Kind of like all those Christian killers in Iraq that are killed and go straight to heaven in their flag draped coffins. ALL religion kills their young and send them to a "better place".

• ninja
    ninja

hey wacky.....havent seen old marshall applewhite for ages.......is he still dead?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit