Islam Diss'ed Again....

by chappy 59 Replies latest jw friends

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    The question is, how does one fight religious stupidity? With education? With violence? I don't even know the answer to that one. Just throwing it out there.

Totally agree - a stupendously difficult problem, when the religion itself values stagnancy and not development. In fact Islam sees any development or modernisation as a desire to copy satan (aka UK/USA).

I was raised in a town in England that had the greatest concentration of Moslems in the UK (apart from Bradford). I didnt realise at the time, I just thought the whole of the UK was like that. When I was at school in the early 80's the moslem community was not desperately fundamental. I was approached MANY times for sex from Moslem men when I was out on field service, and the culture was for the men to drink and the women not to wear the full cover up.

As fundamentalism has grown the women now all wear the full cover up and racial tension has increased in my town. More mosques have been built, more students have been withdrawn from school and put into mosque schools, and whole areas have become exclusively 'asian' (which unfortunately for my town = slum).

They are positively embracing going backwards.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    They are positively embracing going backwards.

They still do a good curry, though!

Ian

• queasy
    queasy

How can anyone sympathise with a group of total fanatics who would do such a thing to a lady who is solely in their country to help them?

Islam should be dissed by every country for its touchy weeny prophet who would cry and require death to anyone who would dare call him names...dur. Other prophets have been tortured and have still shown compassion and called for peace. Yet he gets called a name and his followers think he is being dishonored to the point of death. wimps.

Just for the record, the teddy was named Muhammad by the children and not the teacher. Most of the boys are named Muhammed.

These reports just draw a lime between extreme muslims and the rest of the world. Next time I hear the name of Muhammed I'll remember it as being the name of the worst wimpiest 'prophet' thats ever existed

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

When the Muslims get copyright on the name 'Muhammad' they can bitch then.

As for what to do- well no more political correctness gone mad. What they did is offensive to me, and there's nothing wrong in saying so. I'm not even calling for their deaths! Just goes to show what happens to a country when church/mosque and state come together as one.

• scotsman
    scotsman

As Gillian Gibbons has now been released I just thought I'd bring this bttt

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7124447.stm

Looks like some 'moderate' (whatever that means) Muslims have been instrumental in her release. Can I look forward to reading a few more sweeping generalistaions about Islam.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Mary & Mike,

In other words: we've learned from past mistakes and we've evolved.

Oh dear. Mary, the reason that the world and its religions change has little to do with "learning from past mistakes". If that were so, at this stage we would have no wars and full employment.

As I tried in vain to explain to Mike, things just do not work this way.

Just to give you an idea of how you have missed the point, I quote:

Sorry, I don't agree. A chimpanzee could never learn to behave totally like a human (although some of their behaviour is quite human-like).

You cannot seem to see that you have actually completely agreed with the point I was making with this analogy. Think about what I wrote and why I wrote it. What you say above, is axactly what I noted!!

You cannot take the Christianity of today, which I am pleased that you agree was built on actions equally as barbaric as the worst that Islam could offer, compare it to a religious communities at a different stage of development and instruct them to learn your lessons. Remember the chimpanzee and human analogy?

Education is important, especially in this "global village" we seem to be heading for, but one must also understand that ideologies change due to a structured social pressure and not through a nation of people suddenly learning a "lesson" from another nation.

To view history in this way shows a gross ignorance of anthropological variants and social evolution.

HS

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith
    'moderate' (whatever that means)

Those who cherry pick the peaceful passages from the koran and ignore the ones calling for people to be killed.

I wonder if these moderate ones still believe Gillian will burn forever in Allah's hell for not being Muslim. Or perhaps they ignore that part too.

• Mary
    Mary
    You cannot take the Christianity of today, which I am pleased that you agree was built on actions equally as barbaric as the worst that Islam could offer, compare it to a religious communities at a different stage of development and instruct them to learn your lessons. Remember the chimpanzee and human analogy?

Hillary: Islam is digressing from what it used to be. It's not evolving or progressing AT ALL. If they wanted to simply self-implode, I couldn't give a shit. But the truth of the matter is, they are intent on dragging us down to their levels at any cost. It's the same 'Join Us Or Die' mentality that they Witnesses have, although Islam isn't waiting for Allah to murder us. There is no logical reason why these Islamic countries cannot catch up to the 21st century. Islam is not a new religion. It's been around for 1400 years yet they live as though they're still in the Dark Ages.

Education is important, especially in this "global village" we seem to be heading for, but one must also understand that ideologies change due to a structured social pressure and not through a nation of people suddenly learning a "lesson" from another nation.

Yes, so in the meantime, the rest of the world is just supposed to what? Sit by and appease these nutbars? Forget it. Like the Witnesses, the only thing that seems to work with these fundies, is public exposure and global condemnation. If this particular case had not been broadcast over the internet and around the world, this teacher most likely would have already received her "40 lashes" if not worse. I have little use for any religion who uses neadrathal methods of terror, in order to rule.

President Omar al-Bashir had been under pressure from Sudanese hardliners to ensure Mrs Gibbons served her full sentence. There had been a protest, and calls for a retrial and for the sentence to be increased. BBC Islamic affairs analyst Roger Hardy said the row over Mrs Gibbons had strained relations between Britain and Sudan - and, beyond that, between the West and Islam. And even if intervention by two prominent British Muslims had succeeded in limiting the damage, the fact remained that damage had been done, he added.

Imagine anyone in this day and age whining and probably ready to commit Jihad over a frigging teddy bear. Unbelievable......

• dinah
    dinah

I know this is a serious subject, BUT Jeff Dunham's Dead Terrorist is hilarious.

SILENCE!!!!!! I kill you!!!!

http://www.kiro710.com/sectional.asp?id=7912

It's about 10 minutes long, but funny.

• dinah
    dinah

Interesting the reaction they are in fear of from a movie that includes a rape scene.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071205/ap_on_en_mo/afghan_kite_runner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit