Idea on what we can do with all our old meeting clothes....

by avishai 26 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai
    no self respecting tramp or homeless person would wear my old meeting clothes.....they have some standards......maybe if saturday night fever comes back into fashion they might

Have'nt ya heard, ninja? It IS back!!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Yes Avishai but not every man could pull that off the way you have...It takes a certain amount of Guatamaliness (stolen from "The Birdcage")

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

What org. does the WTS require the faithful to avoid. Salvation Army. Would it not be ironic to donate JW clothes to the Salvation Army?

• avishai
    avishai
    It takes a certain amount of Guatamaliness (stolen from "The Birdcage")

Why thank you, ma'am!!

• avishai
    avishai

Really? We went there all the time, even w/ elders wives and never got any flak...

• dinah
    dinah

I heard it mentioned from the platform to avoid the Salvation Army. It's a religious backed organization--along the lines of the YMCA.

Seems to me it would be best to give it to homeless or out of work people. Maybe it would someone who is having to change careers (or clean up their lives) and can't afford to dress up.

That's a good-hearted deed, avisahai

• Quandry
    Quandry

Maybe we could piece the clothing articles together into a huge apostaquilt and send it to the GB.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I just donated my homophobic ex-husband's clothing (tons of it!) to the local thrift store for the Desert Aids project. I had a great deal of joy doing that. You might want to donate your clothing to the local AIDS project. They also give money to Shelter from the Storm, so it's useful in a lot of ways.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Yes....in the Georgetown/Andrews, SC cong we were not allowed to shop at the Salvation Army. I think it'd be great to set up something with them. A great idea, Avi.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Use them to go to clubs and to dinner clubs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit