Idea on what we can do with all our old meeting clothes....

by avishai 26 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

They used to have a donation place where I live that gave low income women business attire for job interviews, why they did'nt have one for men I dunno. They're no longer around, but I'd like to start a non-profit w/ clothes, etc. for low income, homeless etc. to where they could have business attire donated for job interviews. Whaddya think?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Avi, you can contact orgs. that help the unemployed and so forth. I think it's a good idea. I tried getting help from such places but the clothes didn't fit and were soooo ugly.

• avishai
    avishai

Yeah, I used to work at a mens/womens clothing store, want to keep all sizes etc in stock and current. Just contacted one of the local shelters and they were VERY interested.

• Sassy
    Sassy

its a great idea I think...

I've donated most of my stuff to good will... except a few things that actually are appropriate for work when special things are going on..

• ninja
    ninja

no self respecting tramp or homeless person would wear my old meeting clothes.....they have some standards......maybe if saturday night fever comes back into fashion they might

• ninja
    ninja

ninja....strikes a pose and points his hand to the ceiling

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I think that's a great idea. I donated most of my things to Goodwill. My moms family grew up very poor- apparently my Grandmother shot her foot off (that crazy Irish blood...)when she was drunk once, and the Goodwill was the only agency that helped them. I don't know all the details, my Grandmother was dead before I ever got to know her but I always give my stuff to them because I think they really do help people who need it.

• llbh
    llbh

U need a lot of clothes where u live it's always snowing.

I hope when u gave your clothes away u still had your pants on!!

• ninja
    ninja

I dont wear pants.......ninja hilton

• llbh
    llbh

omg, no wonder the women drink so much

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit