Idea on what we can do with all our old meeting clothes....

by avishai 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Magick
    Magick

u guys are so sweet and so thoughtful.

i was walking in the mall not too long after deciding i was never going back to the kingdom hall. i was literally shocked by my reflection. i even waved my hand to make sure it was me. holy mother of pearl! i looked like an old woman! my instinct was to burn all of my jw wardrobe...*note to self, always go with gut feeling.

this is what i did. (after buying a hot outfit of course)

i invited over jehovah's witness sisters i was close to and layed out my pretty, modest jw outfits everywhere. they were free for the taking...those jw ladies scooped em up like it was a day after valentine's candy sale.

"who care's if she's an apostate...i got this great outfit!"

now i realized i made a mistake.

when you become a jw you don't give your crosses and pictures on velvet of jesus to catholic friends...you BURN them!

*sigh* i guess i just needed to get rid of them quickly because they had kingdom hall cooties.

but, then i was left with one new skanky apostate outfit and a closet of "mowing the kingdom hall lawn" attire

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Use them to go door to door. Pretend you're still a witness and totally muck up the job. Make outrageous claims and change the subject whenever the person asks a question.

err...ummm...nevermind, that's what door to door is anyway...

• penny2
    penny2
    those jw ladies scooped em up like it was a day after valentine's candy sale

Magick, that was funny. Hope you've bought a whole new wardrobe of clothes since. And not a long skirt in sight. It's funny, dresses are in fashion this year and I don't want to go near them.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I used some of my old shirts to wipe up after changing the oil in the car. The suits were so crappy I threw them away. I use old watchtowers and awakes to start the fireplace. Now if I can just find a use for all those unused "tickets" you used to have to buy to get breakfast and lunch at the conventions.... I tried using them at McDonald's, but they weren't accepting them.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

After I moved in with my worldly girlfriend, my mother packed up all my Meeting clothes into a garbage bag and gave them to me, *just in case* I needed them. Since they were already in a garbage bag, they were promptly taken to the curb and put into the trash can.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The ones that are still in good condition can be donated to the Salvation Army or a thrift shop that they run. Those that are crap or that are blatantly out of style can go into the trash. Or, you could use them as window washing rags so you can clean your own windows.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Great topic !

I haven't worn a dress or skirt in two years since our last meeting at KH . Some of them would be appropriate @ the shop I work in ,but as some one already said ...they have KH cooties ! yuck

I think avishi had a good idea . There is a woman's shelter close by that I think might put some of my stuff to good use . The rest is definitley burning though .

My husbands suits are going to Goodwill or Salvation army .

I've been meaning to do all this , now you have given me the motivation to get it done .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit