I Snapped at a Witless Today

by Gretchen956 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

You know I'm not usually the type to do this, I really didn't even think I had it in me. I was waiting for the bus, it was time for it to pull up, I was chatting with a co-worker and standing right in the middle of a whole bunch of other people, and here come two men in suits with briefcases, one looked to be in his 20s and one older, maybe late 30s or early 40s. The younger one tries to hand me the magazines, the new way, by shoving them in your hand. As he is doing this he says, would you like the Watchtower and Awake magazine?

I snapped and crazy Sherry came out. I said, "Why don't you just go protect some more pedophiles?" The young one just kept moving but I looked up at his co-hort, and he was actually smirking at me. Bastards. I wonder how many other people bring this up to them after the newscast?

Oh well, one of these days I'll get to talk to one of these people that aren't being pushy and smug and maybe I can even have a conversation.

btw, my co-worker knows I used to be a JW and just thought the whole thing was funny.

Sherry

• flipper
    flipper

GRETCHEN- Don't you just know the smirker was probably " chester the molester " incognito ? They are so smug and perverted at the same time. Too bad you didn't have some child abuse news releases you could shove in there face. Bet they would have loved that ! If I was there with ya sis, I would have ! I already have, as you probably know. But that was a perfect thing to say to them ! Right on ! Feel proud ! You stand for whats right, they don't ! Great job! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Good job! I usually say something similar if they come to my door. Once there was a mother-daughter team that came to my door. I ignored the mother and told the girl, who was in her early teens, to go straight to the police instead of the elders if anyone touches her inappropriately, because elders are notorious for protecting pedophiles.

W

• Gregor
    Gregor

Sherry, good for you. As far as the smirk I think that is a defensive facial expression when some big-ego types are embarassed and have no retort. You gave them both what for and it sounds like you won. That's good.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Good job Sherry.

Those guys were no doubt decent dudes, and most likely not pedophiles.

But what you did was important, because it may spark in one of their minds a feeling of embarassment which may lead them to do a little research on your pedophile comment.

You never know how a mind can be awakened. It's all about planting seeds and igniting sparks.

you did good, kid!

Peace to you!

The Oracle

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Great job, Gretchen!

The smirk probably meant they had no reply, being brainwashed cult members. They had not been practicing this "objection" at the ministry school and service meeting. It's not covered in the Reasoning book.

Hugs

ESTEE

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thinking about it afterward, I might have said,
    "Would you like a donation to the lawsuits for victims of the pedophiles
    that Watchtower Corp. has protected?"

Then I would have torn the magazines in half and said, "Don't forget
    to count those 2. Come back in 5 minutes and I will give you a
    return visit."

But I have the chance to think about it from your example.
    Good job.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Hahahaha!

Very good onthewayout....very good!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

LOL Sherry I know what you mean about snapping! But good for you for speaking up I hope to be so bold next time myself.

I had an experience while walking through the airport this October on my way to baggage claim, mind you I'm tired already from my trip. These two JW's were standing holding the mags and I hadn't seen JW's for in what seemed forever so I made brief eye contact, my mistake!

Her mistake was she offered me the mags by putting them right in my pathway......I pushed them aside and said "NO I would never read that trash!" Really loud! I surprised myself but I wished later I had made a better reply and given her a good *coff*coff* anti-witness!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    The younger one tries to hand me the magazines, the new way, by shoving them in your hand. As he is doing this he says, would you like the Watchtower and Awake magazine?

I remember that technique. Wasn't it something like "get the magazines into the householders hand". I think it's good you said something- if nothing else it gives them something to think about. I still remember what a college student told me one morning when I was out early morning witnessing. I wish I had looked into it then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit