I Snapped at a Witless Today

by Gretchen956 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Why is everyone saying Good Job, when all that was done was a negative comment something that they might not even be involved in or know personally of. I would've given more than a smirk back. Then ironically you mention that one day you would like to talk to one of these people as long as they are not pushy or smug, well in this case you were the one who came out being pushy and smug.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Sherry, While snapping may have made you feel better, and may have been justified under the circumstances, I'd like to propose how to wake up a 'Witless' using their own methods.

First, to lower their defenses, find a common ground. "Hey, the Watchtower!, my Brother, I'm a JW too!" or "my granny is a JW and gives me those all the time!", "What's your name? Which Congregation? Nice to meet you." (Wow, you're their new best friend, just like they do to householders.)

Then, find out what they may already know/believe. "A Sister was just talking to me and wondered what is the deal with the story on the Society's website www.jw-media.com?" (Allow for response. 99.9% will have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. The WTBTS has given no warning even to the elders about this situation. In which case, just leave them with the question, the web address, and the feeling that the Society has hot new information that they need to know. Then, they'll likely start spreading the word to everyone in the congregation before they even check the story. Everyone will be anxious to know the hot new truths from Mother Organization! Gasp!)

If you happen to encounter someone that already knows, see if they can explain. Then, ask "are you a pedophile, or if that's too confidential to reveal?"

Anyway, it's just an idea that I was thinking of trying...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit