Why i no longer feel bad about not believing...lacking faith...DUH!

by oompa 13 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

I hit enter by accident so will hurry dang it! What did it take for the apostles and other followers of Jesus to believe???? Did they believe Just because Jesus said "follow me and you will have everlasting life...and yeah I fullfill everything about he Messiah and am prett much speaking for him?" NO. Peter held Jesus hand and WALKED ON WATER...yet denied him three times.....Thomas saw him after he died and would not believe it til he say the marks and all? Jesus RAISED PEOPLE FROM THE DEAD!..Plus a lot of good healing stuff, water to wine, endless bread and fish...yummy (ok, I'll believe).

Sacriledge? No. Why are we supposed to believe the FDS is God's mouthpiece (like Jesus was)? BECAUSE THE SAY SO!!!! Give me some evidence please...it sure does not seem like what they were teaching from 1900-1919 would be much of a reason to be picked by Jesus....or did they have more right than everybody else? Point is...look what it took for Jesus friends to believe...give me something please..........................................................................................................................................................oompa

• PEC
    PEC

Thanks for the insight oompa. You should not feel bad about anything.

Philip

• dinah
    dinah

Oompa, I've never seen the GB walk on water or raise the dead. One question, was your faith in the GB or in Christ? It's a long walk, brother. Leave the guilt alone. You were mislead, you have nothing to feel guilty about.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

You should be CELEBRATING, now you can be HAPPY.

• oompa
    oompa

Hey guys, I don't mean feeling bad about not believing just JW dogma, I mean Christianity in general...I am leaning agnostic, but anyone who has struggled with any Christian faith should think about what it took for Jesus apostles to even believe......oompa

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Could you explain "leaving do" . Thanks. Please also enjoy New Years Eve and day.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Good point oompa.

Many JWs can't seem to realize that you can lose faith in the organisation's teachings. It's even worse when you get shunned for simply not being able to believe in it anymore.

It's like you said.....the Governing Body says you should put faith in them since.......they said so. Even though there's evidence that doesn't show they have any special insight from God, you are told you must "trust in Jehovah"........the GB in other words.

(brain explodes)

R.F.

• oompa
    oompa

worldtravler....sorry, it is late...i jst read all past posts and cant find the leaning do...oompa...gnight all

• IsaacJS2
    IsaacJS2

I feel this way too. I mean, all theistic religions pretty much claim to have the backing of their deity. The WTS is nothing knew there. Most religions I know of aren't so gung ho about it though. The WTS downright brags about it! Yet the claim is not enough to make them special.

At the end of the day, if the FDS doesn't hear directly from God or Jesus, how do they even "know" they are anointed to begin with? How do they know anything they teach is "the truth?" Well ... faith, I guess. Only their faith is in themselves, it seems. It's so weird that they can get others to believe in them too when they have so little to back up their claim.

It seems that anyone can start a religion if they want. Just tell someone that you're chosen, but you can't prove it - even to yourself! You just believe and it must be so. Then shout, "Hail me!" from the rooftops. Apparently a few people will actually start doing it if the WTS is any example.

Isn't it weird how the human mind works? And how easily it can manipulated? I continue to find this sort of thing intriguing.

IsaacJ

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I like your points about Douting Thomas and Peter. Good thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit