Watched TV evangelists for the first time today

by shopaholic 34 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Did you ever listen to Charles Price Mary>>??? He is a limey LOL!!! So mybe I am preduiced But he says it like it is .

Hope your feeling better after your sickness last week (((HUG)))

• Mary
    Mary
    Did you ever listen to Charles Price Mary??? He is a limey LOL!!! So mybe I am preduiced But he says it like it is .

Hmmm.....nope, never even heard of him..........

Hope your feeling better after your sickness last week (((HUG)))

I am, thanks.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

I used to watch Charles Price years ago but the programme is on while I'm at church. I don't watch too many evangelists on TV. I realize that we each have different personalities but some turn me right off. We were actually warned about Peter Popoff which surprised me but that kind of preaching greatly offends me. Each Thursday at work between 9am-2pm I do listen to WDCX out of Buffalo. I like especially like Dr David Jeremiah and Adrian Rogers.

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

Robin Williams had the best take on Earnest Angsley which was very close to what Worldtraveller said, "It look like a small animal crawled on his head and died." When he got going he would imitate his mannerisms, "And now-uh we will-uh contrast and compare-uh Jesus and Spiderman-uh."

I really like Joel Osteen but sometimes he is so gung ho cheery he seemd like a combination of Chris Farley as Matt Foley and Mr. Rogers.

John Hagee used to be good to watch, imo. He was like a C.O. or D.O. that was really fired up on eschatological stuff. I got ticked off when I found out he was on the board at ORU during Richard Robert's reign, I'm glad that dorkbag is gone.

Joyce Meyers writes a decent book, according to Mrs. Eagle, but to see her on the tube reminds me of a pissed off P.O.'s wife.

Ahhh Gene Scott, someone made the comment that he was best when the watcher was partaking of the herb. I wouldn't know about that, but I loved watching him translating and explaining contexts.

Grandma always had Robert Schuller going on Sunday morning, she liked his positive take on things. Max Lucado had nothing nice to say about his preaching style in his book 'Hard to Believe'. It's just not the same when his son is on the pulpit.

Perry Stone is enjoyable when he uses props to explain the way the judaic priests worked. I never put the slaying of Goliath and burial of his head in Jerusalem together with the crucifixion of Jesus at Golgotha before watching Stone. It was probably covered in a wt article at some point when I fell asleep in the kh, though.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dr David Jeremiah and Adrian Rogers. YES I Like them also

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I admire the tele-evangelists who are poor, don't say "Gaaaaaad" in preference to "God", and live among the people that keep them fed. ;)

HS

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

I've always thought that Jesse Duplantis was rather comical. Just looking at him makes me want to laugh. He should have been a comedian instead of a televangelist. I've never actually listened to him very long though.

pseudo

alt

• oompa
    oompa

I love watching these guys when I really need a good laugh...it is like WWF religion....Did you buy or see a vial of holy water? That is always one of my favs, but does anybody beat Binny Hinn? Even his name invokes laughter like the honorable Benny Hill......oompa

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I watch Fred Price every week. He is outstanding, very bible based.

Joel Osteen is kinda too much of a motivational speeker for me. Not enough Bible IMO.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Gene Scott...only TV guy I ever watched....have listened to Chuck Swindol on raido for years...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit