My youngest daughter "busted for drugs...."

by Vernon Williams 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Geez, I am/was so square that I wore a pair of 'starfish' earrings around for weeks after a trip to SF, CA when I was a teenager. Turns out it was an herb, not an animal. . . and even I can tell the difference between pot and basil!

Basil probably costs more per ounce than pot does these days! That stuff is $$$$.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

bttt

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Maybe they were having a really slow night.

• wings
    wings

Vernon, at least you got a good story out of it.

Glad you have a sense of humor, because that is just a little bit funny.....yep. Hope your daughter is okay.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Don't you have to go to court and be charged to have a record??? They had nothing to hold her on; so they let her go. Someone asked the question about how could they check her car. . .Homeland Security. . .they can come in to your home without a search warrant now!

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Leah checked and there is not a record of any type. She does not know how they reached the conclusion it was basil.

As kids in the Ozarks, we smoked grapevine...I tried it once, I think.....pretty gross...that is the extent of my drug experience...

V

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

My guess would be that you daughter was taken in on SUSPICION of possession of a controlled substance. I have no personal experience with the other herb in question, but I would guess that it might be mixed in with a bit of basil to help cover the characteristic aroma. I also recall stories from the 1970's about people selling baggies of oregano to people who thought they were buying that other herb. We can assume that the cop didn't have a field test kit for THC with him, and he was probably smart not to simply rely on his own sense of smell.

All that having been said, your daughter was innocent and deserves to maintain her undefiled reputation in the community, so a lawyer should be asked for his opinion. If there is some money for your daughter at the end of this rainbow (there is ALWAYS money for the LAWYER, isn't there?) then she should accept it with gratitude to the cosmos. Every day guilty perps get property confiscated and turned into cash, so if she gets a minute fraction of that, more power to her.

I'm really glad your story had a happy conclusion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit