Active JWs—The United Nations is a Superior Authority

by AuldSoul 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Watchtower November 15, 1962 ("Subjection to 'Superior Authorities'—Why?") p. 688 pars. 32, 33

32 Under startling symbols the last book of the Bible has foretold the national groups or associations that are to exist during this “time of the end” from 1914 onward; for example, the Devil’s visible earthly organization, also the British-American dual world power, and the League of Nations and the United Nations.(Rev. 13:1 to 19:20) Jehovah God also foretold the destruction of these “superior authorities” in the “war of the great day of God the Almighty.” The apostle Paul wrote his letter regarding these “superior authorities” during the Gentile Times in the days of the Roman Empire. The Watchtower is publishing this article about them forty-eight years after the Gentile Times ended in 1914.

33 The applicableness of Romans 13:1 did not end, however, with 1914. The end of the “appointed times of the nations” in that year still left the Gentile “superior authorities” in existence on earth, but under judgment by God’s kingdom that was set up in the heavens in 1914, with his Son Jesus Christ enthroned at his right hand. Those Gentile “superior authorities” still exist, though undergoing many changes and readjustments. Almighty God will continue permitting this until his work of gathering sheeplike people out of the nations is finished according to his will. Then he will begin the universal war called Armageddon in order to destroy them. While the United Nations is a superior authority, it and all other "superior authorities" have been under judgment by God since 1914 according to the Governing Body. The fact that they teach that the United Nations is a superior authority does not mitigate the fact that they VOLUNTARILY joined the propaganda arm of a superior authority and maintained their Associate membership for ten years.

(1) Is the UN/DPI a non-religious (i.e. "secular") organization with objectives contrary to the Bible as the Bible is explained by the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, and therefore (according to them) "under judgment by Jehovah God"?

Yes.

(2) Did the WTS voluntarily JOIN the UN/DPI?

Yes.

Organized to Do Jehovah's Will (2005) p. 155 par. 2

For example, a person might renounce his place in the Christian congregation by his actions, such as by becoming part of a secular organization that has objectives contrary to the Bible and, hence, is under judgment by Jehovah God.(Isa. 2:4; Rev. 19:17-21) If a person who is a Christian chooses to join those who are disapproved by God, a brief announcement is made to the congregation, stating:“[Name of person] is no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.” Such a person is treated in the same way as a disfellowshipped person. The presiding overseer should approve this announcement.

If the standard SETTERS cannot be held to their own standards of judgment, which are imposed on all Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide, how can anyone believe there are not cheating scales and different sets of weights for the organization than for the adherents?

Matthew 23:25-28
    “Woe to YOU,[Writing Committee] and [Governing Body], hypocrites! because YOU cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of plunder and immoderateness. Blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the dish, that the outside of it also may become clean.
    “Woe to YOU,[Writing Committee] and [Governing Body], hypocrites! because YOU resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of [secret memberships, hidden pedophilia, cheating scales, false prophecy] and of every sort of uncleanness. In that way YOU also, outwardly indeed, appear righteous to men, but inside YOU are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

Would any active JWs care to explain why I should NOT view them the way Jesus viewed the Pharisees?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Any active JW at all ... anyone?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

What can be said to defend this?

Nothing.

Especially damning is the fact that they published Awake articles favorable to the UN to satisfy membership requirements, on a year-to-year basis.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Auld, any good active JW would never be on the internet, don't ya know, its Satan's tool? So you might get some answers from "would-be JW apologists" saying regardless of the imperfection of the organization, they serve "Jehovah", yada, yada, yada....an actual answer will never come, but then, you knew that already.

• yknot
    yknot

I am "active", but being here obviously I am not "good".

View away, they rode the beast, and got drunk. Liked the "spirits" so much that they are riding other beasts as NGOs as we speak.

As you probably already know, no one really publically speaks about the UN thing, many still really don't know about it.

• avengers
  • dawg
    dawg

Auld Soul... sometimes I think you're too smart, that's why I have trouble talking to you... great research, great logic, undefensable, still many will try and defend this bullshit.. unbelieveble. I wish you were my lawyer Soul.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Yeah.....talk about stretching one's imagination to the MAX and then passing it off as "spiritual food".

I saw this idiotic "reasoning" a few months ago when the author first began touting this belief---and demanding proof that this was NOT what the WTS had been teaching all along. It got tiring to be told that *I* had "misunderstood what *I* was taught" about superior authorities by the WTS since 1969 when I began to study their bible study indoctrination aids.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    .... The fact that they teach that the United Nations is a superior authority does not mitigate the fact that they VOLUNTARILY joined the propaganda arm of a superior authority and maintained their Associate membership for ten years.

I am assuming that is not part of the article.

I think this and the other similar threads will get views for a long long time.

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/united-nations-disassociates.html

hawk

• Terry
    Terry

I remember the reaction I got when I presented the U.N. "scandal" to my lifelong active JW friend.

He wrinkled his nose and asked what the source of the information was.

He was in rebuttal mode, of course.

He immediately dismissed it as apostate propaganda in a nanosecond.

I've thought about this since then.

With JW's it isn't information per se that is interesting. It is the source. If it ISN'T from the Watchtower it is de facto worthless. End of story.

Interpretation comes solely from Governing Body control.

Interpretation is everything.

This is the function of the filtering mechanism of ORGANIZATION control.

There is only one mediator between God and man: the interpreter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit