Barbara Anderson is on NBC Nightly News Tonight 11/21/07

by AndersonsInfo 177 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hawkaw great to see you. But tell me how did you see it? .I couldnt get it in my area. Fergus! & the thread the one above you posted didnt play! ????

• blondie
    blondie

Here is the written material

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21917798/

Look at the bottom and see the list of videos...you can access it that way.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Devon McBride said:

I hope that any JW victim that is currently, or recently has been molested, saw this broadcast. They will see they are not alone and maybe this piece will convince them to go to the police rather than the elders.

Good Job Barbara!

Along with those, we can only hope that many that are "studying" with JWs and those baptized JWs that are beginning to see that "all is not as it appears to be" ----will be hard hit by this piece and make the break AWAY from the WTS.

Homerovah said:

" We are God's only true earthly organization unlike Satan's Christendom "

and God's organization is clean and righteous

It has been one of their marketing schemes for decades,

OOOOH! WAIT! How can this "clean and righteous organization" harbor ANY pedophiles.....never mind "just a few"?

HOW can there BE ANY elders or ministerial servants we are TOLD were "APPOINTED BY JEHOVAH"---that have been guilty of child molestation?

Perhaps the general public will be able to SEE (and to point out to the unwelcome JWs who appear at their doors) that the Watchtower IS no different from, no better than, or not approved by God in any way after all.

I also want to add my deep appreciation and my heartfelt applause to Barb's efforts and what she has done.

Annie

• mouthy
    mouthy

GOT IT!!!! Thanks

also want to add my deep appreciation and my heartfelt applause to Barb's efforts and what she has done.ME TOO!!! Barb we owe you !!!!!

• outofthebox
  • willyloman
    willyloman
    "In the United States over 80,000 elders currently serve in over 12.300 congregations. During the last 100 years, only 9 elders have been sued for child abuse in eleven lawsuits filed in the United States." - WTBTS

Multiple disconnects in this statement!

Only 9 elders in 100 years? They mean only 9 have been reported; what about the countless others who had their "sins" covered up to protect the congregation? Also: why restrict the math to elders? The news discussion is not about elders who abuse children; it's about JWs who abuse children and are not reported. If you read the MSNBC transcript, the common thread in these cases is that the perps were disciplined privately (or even publicly, without mention of the specific wrongdoing, which is way short of disfellowshipping) by the elders and allowed to remain active in the congo where the other dubs were not told of the dangers they posed. Or they were allowed to moved to another congo and got a fresh start - taking a page from the book of Catholicism, a religion whose tactics they both decry and imitate.

The Society speaks out of both sides of its mouth here: All JWs are ordained ministers, according to their own literature. Therefore, while there may be 80,000 "elders" there are about one million "ministers" in the U.S. alone. How many of these have been sued? More importantly, how many of them have been accused (with no subsequent lawsuit)? And why does the statement leave out Ministeral Servants? And, by the way, how did "have been sued" get to be the criteria for counting the number of discretions? Very few cases of any kind, in any context, get to the lawsuit stage because there are so many negotiable layers to go through to get to that point

As for the Society's math on this: All these selective statistics prove is that the JWs are a tightly controlled religious society where exposing any wrongdoing that would put the group in a bad light is highly discouraged and actively disparaged.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Shocking.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The way NBC has the site set up, there is no direct link to their player with this specific video. To repost the link, this is the original video file that appears at the NBC site:

http://msnbc.vo.llnwd.net/e1/video/flash/nn_myers_witnesses_071121.flv You can download it, or view it through any flash player.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Mrs. Anderson,

If I may be so bold Ma'am, you kick ass. Thanks for having the courage to face the Evil Empire.

sooner7nc

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    "In the United States over 80,000 elders currently serve in over 12.300 congregations. During the last 100 years, only 9 elders have been sued for child abuse in eleven lawsuits filed in the United States." - WTBTS

The whole point of the story is that the WTBTS are covering up cases so that they DONT get sued. So to then brag about how few have been sued is only a measure of how EFFECTIVE they have been at covering up cases.

"No-one has been sued" is a totally different argument to "no crimes have been committed".

And to say that victims are free to report cases to the authorities is disingenuous at the very least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit