Barbara Anderson is on NBC Nightly News Tonight 11/21/07

by AndersonsInfo 177 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

This problem is endemic to a lot of religious organizations not just the jws, whenever they try to deal with the situation internally they inevitably screw everything up

not only for the Innocent victim but also for any possible victims in the future.

In no way is a brain dead elder going to have knowledge about the psychological trauma of sexual abuse of children and how to treat the situation

The applied two witness rule is another protagonist to the problem also

At least the witnesses use the DF policy against abusers, some religious groups don't even do that

I think what Barbara is trying to do is a good thing in a way just like the other religions out there, it is not a good idea to have some self appointed religious figure

deal with a serious matter as pedophilia.

It's simply not good for the victim and the general public or even the abuser for that matter !.

And playing hush hush is really a dangerous game to play for all concern.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Real nice Awake...."Keep You Child Safe"...BECAUSE WE SURE AREN'T GOING TO!!!!

L.L.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Gregor

What in the world does that mean? "Heads up" meaning what? Like they could stop the broadcast? This whole thing is a silly cock up like the Dec. '05 "BIG BIG NEWS". The fumbled, stupid, build-up overshadowed the actual news item itself. We need to put our passionate feelings about the WTS in some kind of perspective so we quit looking like a bunch of attention starved assholes. The real benefit of this pedophile exposure is that it will put a chill on the cover up culture within the organization but it is not going to bring down the WTS or even cause any significant number to leave. Our plodding along on sites like this, with our personal experiences, shining the light on the WTS waffeling and doctrinal acrobatics is doing more good than 10 stories on the nightly news.

You're the one who seems attention starved. Get over it. Your ass is showing.

Rabbit

I'm glad I got a 'heads-up' and got to watch a piece of history. Bravo! to Barbara and everyone else who had a part in exposing another dark chapter of this cult.

• horrible life
    horrible life

If you click on protecting children on Gayles post, on page 7 of this thread, you get this letter

http://www.jw-media.org/newsroom/index.htm?content=/region/global/english/backgrounders/e_molestation.htm

I can't embed the page for some reason. Here is a paragraph.

When any one of Jehovah's Witnesses is accused of an act of child abuse, the local congregation elders are expected to investigate. Two elders meet separately with the accused and the accuser to see what each says on the matter. If the accused denies the charge, the two elders may arrange for him and the victim to restate their position in each other's presence, with elders also there. If during that meeting the accused still denies the charges and there are no others who can substantiate them, the elders cannot take action within the congregation at that time. Why not? As a Bible-based organization, we must adhere to what the Scriptures say, namely, "No single witness should rise up against a man respecting any error or any sin . . . At the mouth of two witnesses or at the mouth of three witnesses the matter should stand good." (Deuteronomy 19:15) Jesus reaffirmed this principle as recorded at Matthew 18:15-17. However, if two persons are witnesses to separate incidents of the same kind of wrongdoing, their testimony may be deemed sufficient to take action.

What a nightmare for a child. They don't even do this in our court system, put them in a small room together. With plain old men. Not officers, who have the knowledge and resources to get a child the physical and mental help they will need.

Do these people take the child to a DR??? I would!!! Do the parents want to HURT the person, who did this to their child??? I would!!!

Why do they want to be the middle men??

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

If you click on protecting children on Gayles post, on page 7 of this thread, you get this letter

http://www.jw-media.org/newsroom/index.htm?content=/region/global/english/backgrounders/e_molestation.htm

I can't embed the page for some reason. Here is a paragraph.

When any one of Jehovah's Witnesses is accused of an act of child abuse, the local congregation elders are expected to investigate. Two elders meet separately with the accused and the accuser to see what each says on the matter. If the accused denies the charge, the two elders may arrange for him and the victim to restate their position in each other's presence , with elders also there. If during that meeting the accused still denies the charges and there are no others who can substantiate them, the elders cannot take action within the congregation at that time. Why not? As a Bible-based organization, we must adhere to what the Scriptures say, namely, "No single witness should rise up against a man respecting any error or any sin . . . At the mouth of two witnesses or at the mouth of three witnesses the matter should stand good." (Deuteronomy 19:15) Jesus reaffirmed this principle as recorded at Matthew 18:15-17. However, if two persons are witnesses to separate incidents of the same kind of wrongdoing, their testimony may be deemed sufficient to take action.

What a nightmare for a child. They don't even do this in our court system, put them in a small room together. With plain old men. Not officers, who have the knowledge and resources to get a child the physical and mental help they will need.

Do these people take the child to a DR??? I would!!! Do the parents want to HURT the person, who did this to their child??? I would!!!

Why do they want to be the middle men??

what is even worse is how intimate judicial questioning can get. i'd give examples but i'd probably throw up.

• JamesWind
    JamesWind

I have to agree, you guys do look like attention starved idiots. I can completely understand having a concern and doing what you can to shed light on it. But the time and energy some of you devote to hating the Witnesses is not healthy. You people need to let go. Move on with your lives. Get over it. I mean that with the greatest amount of respect and empathy. Its not mentally, emotionally or physically healthy to hold on to so much hate. Do something constructive with your time, go out and volunteer at a local soup kitchen or become a big brother/sister. Why waste your time on something so futile as hate?

• brinjen
    brinjen
    However, even if the elders cannot take congregational action, they are expected to report the allegation to the branch office of Jehovah's Witnesses in their country, if local privacy laws permit. In addition to making a report to the branch office, the elders may be required by law to report even uncorroborated or unsubstantiated allegations to the authorities. If so, we expect the elders to comply. Additionally, the victim may wish to report the matter to the authorities, and it is his or her absolute right to do so.

Another paragraph from http://www.jw-media.org/newsroom/index.htm?content=/region/global/english/backgrounders/e_molestation.htm . Doesn't it make you want to spit chips?

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    Its not mentally, emotionally or physically healthy to hold on to so much hate. Do something constructive with your time, go out and volunteer at a local soup kitchen or become a big brother/sister.

First of all, welcome to the forum JamesWind!

Protecting children is one of the most constructive things to do with one's time, imho. Volunteering at a soup kitchen is good, but exposing a multi-million dollar corporation's practice of protecting child molesters in their midst is a little better. No hate involved, even.

Great job, Barbara!

GGG

• horrible life
    horrible life
    Do something constructive with your time, go out and volunteer at a local soup kitchen or become a big brother/sister

James Wind, I could not agree more!!!! You are right. I sit here at this damn computer, on my ass, and bitch and moan, and feel hatred for my entire childhood, and blame in on the Watchtower Society.

You do sound like a Witness. I hope you are. Do you have children??

One person, who got off her ass, was Barbara Anderson. She did, and is continuing to do something constructive. She is trying to save your children, present and in the future, from perverts at the Kingdom Hall. You need to tell her Thank you.

• flipper
    flipper

JAMES WIND- It is certainly no waste of time making people aware of child endangerment in an organization where pedophilia is covered up in the Jehovah's Witness religion. Would you rather people be quiet about it ? The elders and governing body do a good enough job being quiet about it and making false statements such as how " they protect children from abuse and teach families how to do it. " Hate of the evil that is being done is a just hatred which if you are a decent human, you should have this hatred too of child abuse. But people need to be vocal about it, because it has been hidden for so long. Make sense? I think so

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit