Burrfukk!

by bigwilly 31 Replies latest jw friends

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

It's too damn cold for my liking! All the people that have real winters will laugh, but mid 30's to lower 40's is despicably cold by Oregon standards

To make things that much better, the furnace in the house where I live died on Monday. The landlady being the highly motivated person she is, there's still no heat So, it looks like yours truly will be buying a space heater and some good booze for Thanksgiving.

Feel free to add your own weather/holiday rants

• R.F.
    R.F.

I actually wish it would cool down here. It's been hitting 75 consistently over the last week or so I believe. It doesn't feel like the fall season at all.

R.F.

• Tara
    Tara

We had a little bit of snow yesterday, only half an inch. It's all gone now, though. Low 30's this morning, 38 now.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Yes it's cold today on Washington too. 38 degrees right now. Too cold for me. I had planned on going for a run this morning, but as soon as I stepped outside, I got my ass back inside as soon as possible. Brrrrr!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Big Willy - I miss the pierced twinkie avatar.

• hubert
    hubert
    The landlady being the highly motivated person she is, there's still no heat So, it looks like yours truly will be buying a space heater

I think you are able to deduct the days without heat off your monthly rent.

I'm not sure about charging your landlady for the space heater, though.

Hubert

• Emma
    Emma

Well, it's dark, rainy, and cool here in south-east Michigan. On the upside, just over four more weeks until the days begin getting longer! Garden planning begins in January! Actually, my most difficult cold months are February and March. They are soooooo looooooong....

Hope your heat gets fixed soon. I'd keep calling her, middle of the cold night, too, until it's fixed.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

I feel ya liquidsky. I live in an old 1920's house in SE Portland. It's definitely not a "super good sense home" by a long shot. It's been cold the last several mornings and cool all the time since the weather changed. before the furnace died we had a slightly warmer place than the outdoors. As of last night I'm pretty sure the house is colder than the outdoors (I saw my breath in the living room).

My saving grace is my Temperpedic mattress, the foam holds body heat like nobodies business. So it's colder than cold (again, by Oregon standards) but I'm toasty warm with just two blankets. I actually took today's clothes to bed with me last nite so I wouldn't have to freeze this morning.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Big Willy - I miss the pierced twinkie avatar.

Me too, but it was removed Meh, I'll find a new idea for a good avatar

I think you are able to deduct the days without heat off your monthly rent.

Not a bad idea! Any clue where I would be able to find the law on that one?

Hope your heat gets fixed soon. I'd keep calling her, middle of the cold night, too, until it's fixed.

Me too! She actually lives on the property (carriage house sorta thing) so it's not like she's out of town. I'm not too worried about it, but will be if it's not fixed today. I'll send the other angry roomies after her

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

70 something here today, sorry you're cold

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit