Babies get shunned

by Crooked Lumpy Vessel 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

My sister was recently disfellowshipped and she told me that she was eating in a restaurant yesterday when the elder that disfellowshipped her was seated at the table next to her. Of course they would not breathe a word to her. But her son (4 years old) had kept saying hello over and over to the elder and his wife and they both refused to acknowledge him, smile of even say hello back. Is a disfellowshipping and shunning extended to the innocent child as well?

Its days like these that I know I did the right thing when I left.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The child was only shunned because the dubs were idiots.

They probably felt that the shunning would show her. Idiots.

I'm glad I'm not an idiot anymore.

OTWO (Of the never shunned babies class)

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

That's just sick. He's just a baby, but then jw's do preach that our children will receive the same punishment as us, so, in their books, he's already dead, just like her. Sick but true.

• Gregor
    Gregor

In my own family is an aunt who has shunned her daughter for 29 yrs. because she had sex outside marriage with a non JW when she was 19. This couple married and had 3 children and are still married. The kids are adults now and all very responsible young people with great values. Their grandmother has never seen them and all they know about her is that she is a selfish, mean person and they don't want anything to do with her. What a huge loss in the lives of both sides in this WTS gulag.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

May I relate a brief experience? One that is one of those 'milestones' that you look back and recognise as a turning point in leaving the cult eventually?

Eight years ago, our only daughter, disfellowshipped, delivered our first grandchild. She was, and is, among the most precious gifts in our lives, and always will be. She was the first one.

Wifey was a proud grandma. Our daughter left our granddaughter in our care for a Sunday. We did the usual thing - Sunday meeting. After the meeting my wife was standing holding this newborn [just a few weeks old at that time], proud as a peahen, right in the center of the Kingdom Hall. I was standing at the back of the Hall. I noted a small group of sisters closing in for a look. But as I observed, I noted that with the exception of one, every one of the elders wives made a full circle to the front of the Hall and up another aisle, so as not to make contact with this 'child of fornication'. My daughter was not even there.

Wifey noticed it too. I think that was the day she knew. She knew that there was something too terrible to understand whilst still standing in the midst of it. It just felt evil. It was evil. How can god-fearing people 'shun' an infant? It was just unnatural. I think that had we allowed our anger to rule, instead of our mislead mindset at the time, we would have never returned after that. We left forever 4 years later, but the memory of the 'child shunning' was forever a reminder of what happens to those who judge everyone as worthy of death, even babies.

Jeff

• BFD
    BFD

When I moved to be closer to my brother and his family I decorated the wall going up the stairs with family pictures. My little niece pointed to a picture of her grandmother and asked me, "Who is that Uncle Willy"? My heart broke into a thousand pieces.

BFD

• steve2
    steve2

At first gloss, this seems incomprehensibly inhumane. However, all is not what it seems: I know of one disfellowshipped woman who unashamedly told me that she had taught her 5-year-old daughter to say out loud in public settings to any JWs they saw, "Why won't you talk to me?" and similar lines.

While I could understand this woman's hurt over the way the local congregation had turned against her, I felt uneasy about the way she was purposely using her daughter to try to publicly embarrass the JWs. I don't like the way some people - JWs included - drag their children into supposedly "adult" battles.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    she had taught her 5-year-old daughter to say out loud in public settings to any JWs they saw, "Why won't you talk to me?" and similar lines.

No - I can't agree totally with that either. But I will do that myself at times. But I won't send a child to do it.

Jeff

• Honesty
    Honesty

Wifey noticed it too. I think that was the day she knew. She knew that there was something too terrible to understand whilst still standing in the midst of it. It just felt evil. It was evil. How can god-fearing people 'shun' an infant? It was just unnatural. I think that had we allowed our anger to rule, instead of our mislead mindset at the time, we would have never returned after that. We left forever 4 years later, but the memory of the 'child shunning' was forever a reminder of what happens to those who judge everyone as worthy of death, even babies.

Jeff

Unbelieveable but true.

During the message our senior pastor gave the congregation yesterday about being obedient and saying "YES" to Jesus he said that there is a man in this sanctaury today whose entire family disowned him because he said "Yes" when Jesus called.

Hmmm... Wonder who that man could of been in the crowd of over 1,000

• *summer*
    *summer*

It is sick...and very sad.

Goodness, it leaves me speechless

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit