I got baptised yesterday!

by Mrs Smith 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

It was so wonderful. I had to give a testimony in church. I kept on having to stop to take a deep breath as the tears were threatening to come pouring out into the ugly cry. After that the minister jumped into the pool clothes and all (no shoes) and baptised me in the name of the Son, the Father and the Holy Spirit. I then had a few people at my house for a celebration. It feels good, I know that for me it was the right decision.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Congratulations!!

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Thank you

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I hope you keep some close friends for the rest of your days. In my opinion if baptism gets you that then it has served its purpose. Only the rest of your days will tell! I wish you well!

• Xena
    Xena

Congrats! Sounds like a very happy occasion.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm so glad to hear that.

Faith in God is nothing of which to be ashamed.

Peace and love on your Christian walk.

Sylvia

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

How wonderful for you!

And how important it IS to realize that your baptism and relationship with God is NOT contingent upon the written opinions and whims of delusional old men in Brooklyn-----but on a personal relationship between you and Him, the way it should be!

hugs,

Annie

• Dagney
    Dagney

Congratulations!

• new boy
    new boy

Which religion?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Congratulations Mrs Smith.

I saw a baptism where the person being baptised gave their own testimony - it was great, it seemed so relaxed and no pressure on anyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit