I got baptised yesterday!

by Mrs Smith 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Congrats! I'm so very proud of you!

I remember when I got baptized (just over one year ago--Oct 1st '06). It was so special to me. It had so much meaning. It did not mean I was becoming a member of a religion. It meant I entered a relationship with God. I cried.

I'm really happy for you! Thanks for sharing!

Renee

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I think that sounds like a wonderful spiritual experience Mrs Smith. I'd like to give you a big hug.

(Saorise - I LOVE your avatar!)

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

My fellow south african!!!!!!!!

Congratulations - it's wonderful to know that you've taken that step in your journey. As a witness one was pretty much pressurised into baptism - even if you didn't know what was really going on - you had your book to prepare and answer from. This NEW baptism comes from you and the spirit moved you to do it.

When my mother got re-baptised I cried for her & it was so beautiful - a few people from her church (my one aunt who tho a witness was starting to question) We went down to the beach - she gave her testimonial, we all prayed for her (I just sobbed out my story about how proud I was of her) ah it was excellent.

So yes Mrs. Smith - enjoy your true freedom!!!

• Dansk
    Dansk
    It feels good, I know that for me it was the right decision.

That's all that counts. Congratulations.

Ian

• freydi
    freydi

Songs in the Night - "Whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ." Colossians 3:23, 24

"The greatest servant in the church was the great Head of the church himself, who gave even his life on our behalf. And those of his followers who desire to be great in the estimation of the Lord and so esteemed of their fellows, are enjoined that they should follow closely in the Master's footsteps, and with humility of heart be ready and seek to lay down their lives for the brethren. Nor does this mean simply formal service; it means actual service. Our Lord's sacrifice, we see, was not merely a form or a show of interest and of love; it was the giving of his life as the purchase price for ours. So with us; we are not merely to love one another and to serve one another, in word, in profession, in title (as for instance, the word "minister" signifies servant); but we are to serve one another as we are to love one another, "in deed and in truth." Z'98-228 R2343:5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit