The downside of no longer being a JW

by Quandry 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The downside point being made here by Quandry is a joke . We know that there is no downside with leaving JW's. My response earlier is a joke. Going out and having fun instead of going to the meetings is no downside, it's meant to be a joke.

Blueblades

• Quandry
    Quandry

Nver-

Don't you ever get a craving for a bean burrito and a vanilla pudding, washed down with a lemon-lime Shasta?

Actually, that is another downside. After eating one of those burritos, I felt literally so heavy that I could not move from my seat during the afternoon sessions of the conventions. I could not get up and walk around. Hmmm maybe that's why they sold them.......

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Theres no down side to not being a Wactower sales person.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

The food tickets. I miss the food tickets.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I miss the parroting of pre-approved questions and answers at the watchtower study. I'm attending university now. Did you know they actually make up questions on the spot and expect you to give your own opinion as an answer? You can't even find the answers in the textbook sometimes! Did you know that people actually have the nerve to ask the instructor questions there, and sometimes they don't even know the answer! They ask you to go and do your own research. Sheesh! What's the educational system coming too! They could sure take a lesson from the WTBTS.

Cog (ooh my brain hurts!)

• Magick
    Magick

"HOLY JEHOVER, I THINK I'M CURED!" I cannot for the life of me think of a downside of NOT being a JW.

NOT ONE!

"YAYYYYYY!!!" *strips naked... runs and dives into the pagan pool*

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

The days drooling on my sleeve from cat-napping, due to drab-dry speakers. I'm just sick about it.

Dismembered

• Quandry
    Quandry

Another down side I thougt of. My house is not as clean.

I actually do not keep up the frantic pace of cleaning the bathroom closest to the door so that if someone stopped in after service, it would be clean.

Another down side. I am not always freshly bathed and dressed on Sunday. Sometimes I do not even get dressed, just lounge about in my pj's all day, reading the paper, watching a movie, going out in the back yard. I am so bad.......

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

let's see, I haven't worn a dress or panty hose in 25 years except for the day I got married. I no longer look for purses that would make good book bags. I drive a car I like, not a good service car. I don't have to spend any time studying anything, unless I'm interested. I get to see the television shows on Tuesday and Thursday evenings if I want to.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I just bought dress clothes for my kids-one wedding since.

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit