• BIG D
    BIG D

tol...........

do i deserve a paddling????

big d

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

bluevice that's a beautiful post

I agree it all depends on whether or not the person cares for herself. A friend of mine is dating a large woman, he's slightly overweight himself so it doesn't matter to him, but this girl likes to eat and eats a lot of junk. She doesn't cook and frequently goes out to eat with friends. Now that she's met my friend she is telling him she wants to lose weight to look good for him. I told him it's good she wants to lose weight especially for her health but if she loses weight for you then she will only regain it once the courtship is over and they are settled into married life. Another thing is that my friend likes to eat healthy and likes home cooked meals. Not sure how that is gonna work thereguess he'll be doing all the cooking and she'll be doing all the eating

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

Ninja I wouldn't date a man who smokes either, yuck

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

lol at Big D, how was your date last night?

• free2think
    free2think

Hey THinking of leaving, i love your pic, you have a beautiful smile.

Ok that was all i'll leave now.

• BIG D
    BIG D

hello tol............

well, let me say, shes 35, and is a blondie, i prefer dark hair, but ok, we went out to eat, she told me i have a personality that draws people to me, and that i get brownie points for raising my kids alone, just kinda gettin to know each other, our 2nd date, but she is not as pretty as you!

big d

• BIG D
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Some people are unable to percieve the greater reality of our existence and see only the surface of things, it's a sad, poor excuse for a life.

Yes, so true and if you only see beauty in one size, think of all the beauty you will miss.

TOL, what you said about your friend, no offense intended, but your comment to him about the woman he is dating gaining that weight back once they marry:

you are not a fortune teller and honestly, you're being a bit of a busy body.

Live and let live and don't meddle with people's relationships. It's one thing if she is a criminal or drug addict or alcoholic and your friend isn't aware of it. Then in that case, you'd be better off expressing your concern to the lady involved and urging her to be honest and upfront with your friend. Why would you want to interfere? Your friend's lady being overweight is not a critical issue.. And the real concern is that the lady realizes that she should not lose weight to "look better" for your friend. Either he loves her the way she is now or he doesn't. Does she really want to be with a man who will only love her after remodeling her? That is not LOVE. If a person chooses to lose weight, it shouldn't be for someone else.

If one day you find yourself a bigger person, you're going to think back about your current attitude and cringe. I recall when I was slender, all the way up into my early 30's. I didn't understand that losing weight was not as simple as starving yourself and exercising like a nut. I can remember making ignorant and hurtful judgements about people who were overweight. I didn't think people had to be thin to be worthwhile as lovers/mates, but I did think all fat people needed to do was exercise and diet and then follow a maintenance diet to stay slim. Boy was I in for a rude awakening. I had to eat my thoughts/words.

I hope you never have to struggle to keep your weight down or find yourself overweight to a large degree. If you do though, realize that it won't necessarily be because you have no self control and don't care about youself. It's not as simple as that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit