My Daugthers refusal to join us for secular holidays!

by KARINNJIM 29 Replies latest social family

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I must still be a little brainwashed -- i didn't even catch the "secular" ..

• solidergirl
    solidergirl

I'm twenty I don't know how old your daughter is but I was a JW for 10 years. I would stand and defend JW anytime anyday which made it hard for my dad who wanted me to prusue college. He didnt really push the holidays on me just gave me stuff before or after the actual holiday. He would call me on my B-Day and stand money in the mail. One thing for sure was he didnt push me away and we compromise on a lot of things. Dont push her away or attack her religion. One thing that they teach you is how to defend your religion and how to avoid those that don't believe. Set aside days to be together and always keep the door open.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Caught it but was hoping it wasn't another troll - I was hoping that they were all out playing billy goat gruff in the sunshine. sammieswife

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I kind of think the stilted English is a tip off, unless they're from a foreign country of course. Well then it would make sense. But do they say secular holidays in Finland or Zimbabwe? I'm going to do some research and get back with ya'll later.

maybe?

momz

• oompa
    oompa

Secular....they cant even be a real person long enough to pretend sucessfully....good catch.....I still don't get the purpose of one like this? Is there some rush I'm not aware of? What a waste of time and the subject could really help lurkers see how bizarre this must be to converts.....oompa

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Tip: about the only thing they are allowed to make a big deal of is wedding anniversaries. Turn yours into a big family event every year so that she still feels like a part of the family. If she is married, make a big deal of hers also.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Yeah I caught the "secular holidays" when I read the first post....and thought it was an odd way to explain things.....but regardless----kudos to Carla for displaying all those websites for anyone that may see the need to look into them.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Also, a person with a knowledge of English good enough to use words like "secular" but then doesn't know what "tainted" means?

Cog

• James Free
    James Free

On many forums, new members are not able to start a new thread until they have an established post record. Simon, wouldn't that be a good idea fir JWD? 25 or 50 posts first? P.S. Any news on when JWD will work in Firefox, now used by 40%?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    On many forums, new members are not able to start a new thread until they have an established post record. Simon, wouldn't that be a good idea fir JWD? 25 or 50 posts first?

Since scholar jw only surfaces when a 607 B.C. thread pops up it would probably keep the troll alerts on the downside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit