How far away was your Kingdom Hall ?

by JH 19 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I had to drive 20 km or 12.5 miles round trip to go to a meeting........After so many years, that adds up !!!

• JK666
    JK666

2 miles

2 damned close

JK

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When I lived in Cleveland I had to go from the bottom of the mountain to the top of the mountain probably 7 miles each way.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

As a child it was walking distance as my dad built it on land he donated.

As an adolesent 10 miles as we moved to where the need was greater.

In my late teens it was too far to attend.

• oompa
    oompa

20 miles each way!!!

ps....holy cow I almost forgot to do the yearbook add-on....I had to walk seven miles, then swim a snake infested river while keeping my bookbag up in the air, giant mosquitos swarmed my nearly naked body (had to keep my meeting clothes in a zip-lock).....and to get a ride the last ten miles i had to blow a priest

• Maddie
    Maddie

Some years ago I only had a 5 minute walk to the KH that I attended ( much too close for comfort!). My nearest one now is about 4 miles.

Maddie

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

In Utah our last Hall was so close I could hit it with a rock from my back deck.

Here in TN the farthest we drove was 30 miles or so. We sold our hall and went to the neighboring one, 3 freeway exits from the 1st. Which I was 15 miles away from that one.

Here it is about 7 miles away, but there are Witness houses everywhere!

momz

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I didn't go to the hall I was assigned so it took about 15 miles one way. There is one about 4 miles from me now.

• exwitless
    exwitless

We walked 50 miles one way, uphill both ways, through a crocodile infested river, used our books to fight off robbers, often got ill with Malaria from the mosquito infested swamps we waded through; hard to keep our clothes clean and WT's dry through that, but "Jehovah" helped us. And by the way, we never missed one meeting. Ever.

Oh, wait, that was an experience they gloated about at a DC a few years ago. (Not really, but not too far from the truth!). No, we drove about 10 to 12 miles one way. All the wasted gas, time...ugh.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Mine was 10 miles round trip. Yes it adds up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit