How far away was your Kingdom Hall ?

by JH 19 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

That was only the English hall. Try going 75 miles round trip 3x's a week for a meeting in the only language you understand. That is hard.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oompa,

Don't forget the canoo that overturned no less than 5 times through that dense overgrown African jungle! Remember, it always happened in Africa. Walking 100 miles one way on a dirt road.....The yearbook goes on and on like that. Ever believe any of that tripe?

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius
    and to get a ride the last ten miles i had to blow a priest

lmao .......... lol..... i lived about 7 miles and it took about 15 minutes to get there growing up..... then i moved and it was about10 minutes away.......... then i quit going completely and moved several states away.

currently there is a hall about 5 minutes away.............. thought about lighting a papersack full of doggie doo and putting it on the drive through in front of the door......... but then thought......... why waste a perfectly good bag of doggie poo...............

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

as a kid, we were within in walking distance. Rain, sleet or snow..we walked. On sunshiney days..the neighbors kids walked with us..asking all kinds of questions. Where you going? how long you gonna be there? Can we come?

hated it..hated it hated it.

lisa

• justhuman
    justhuman

3 minutes...

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

In my teens, we lived on the same road as the Kingdumb Hall. I hated it. My dad usually was the one to open it up and shut it down on meeting nights so we always got the full, extended effect of WT boredom. When I left home one of my deciding factors on a place to live was how far away the nearest hall was. I made sure it was verrrrryyyyyy far away. :)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It was over the river and through the woods and between a few hills...kinda hard to find, out of the way maybe five miles away, and hanging off a hill...that old hall has been sold to either Hindus or Muslins, have to ask Mother to be sure. It has a great view of the San Francisco Skyline too just behind the speaker's podium.

Josie

• snowbird
    snowbird

Not far enough.

Quite a distance. As I've mentioned before, my estranged hubby used to fill my gas tank every Friday pm. I would run it out by Sunday with FS and meetings. He asked if I was being reimbursed. When I answered in the negative, he told me I was a fool. That really got me to thinking.

Sylvia

• Nulite
    Nulite

We had to drive 21 mile one way to get to that place. It was originally down a gravel path. Years later it was paved. The building was sold to a church a few years back.

Some of the best sleep of my life coming back home on Thursday night all those years. Glad those days are over.

NL

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Oompa, and exwitless lmfao that was too funny, you forgot to add you attended the hall the brothers had built out of banana butt wood with their bare hands and used animal intestines that had been dried to tie off the wood, and put pine branches over the top for a roof. god i love this place it is too funny a godo part of the time. the fartherest was 11 miles one way, but wasn't far enough, the stench of the Bulls**t coming out of there left a sickly look cloud that smelled horendous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit