UPDATE ON MY SISTER'S WEDDING

by zamora251978 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am a bitter person with the organization, but I am not bitter with the
    cult members who have their minds controlled by it (except for this one C.O.).

Your plans sound wonderful. You invite her to your party and show her what
    true love is. It's okay to be bitter and tell her what's what because she needs to hear
    that.

It's also good to cut off any $ financial support. She made her choices.
    She will find no support from the Witnesses in that aspect. She may one day come
    back to her senses, and I have a feeling you will be there for her. Afterall, you are
    willing to send Christmas cards.

I like your balanced attitude. Sorry about your loss of money on the reception, and
    sorry to hear about family members being controlled like that.
    May you one day all cry and laugh together about it.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

got a suggestion.......... send them exactly one picture of your family a year........... in the form of a christmas ornament where the picture cannot be removed or altered and it is blatantly an ormament. thats what im gonna do with my family........ any other pics they want will have to come through other parties lol

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

your sister is a user. No decent person with normal feelings would take your money and then tell you you can only attend a part of the celebration - she's just a user. You'd be smart to cut off all assistance - then you'll find that when she needs something, she'll be sweet and when she doesn't need anything from you she'll be a superior little JW and treat you like shit.

• inactive in jersey
    inactive in jersey
    i am sorry for your pain over this and that your sister is being controlled by the jw's. i feel that that decision will haunt her.
  • truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

I like OTWO's comments--I think they show the truth that these are cult members who would hopefully act differently were they not trying to obey a bunch of man made religious rules.

Of course, some people act horribly, regardless, but who is to know if this is the case until they are freed from the cult? I love 1 Corinthians 13's description of love. If we applied this to our lives more, we'd all be better off. Watch out for bitterness, because it can eat you up inside. However, there is nothing wrong with telling your sister the truth in love. We all need people to be honest with us and tell us where we have gone wrong. (Or at least, I seem to need it fairly often).

• dawg
    dawg

Hey Lulu, I think I've figured out why you were'nt invited and the other ex was.... you said you're sending Christmas cards right? That means that you're open obout your disagreement with the org.... that means you're an "apostate".... that's much worse than just an ex... get it?

• justhuman
    justhuman

Shame...I was told that I only had permission to attend at the cermony in my daughters wedding

I HATE WT, AND THEIR BLOODY LEADERS CALLED GOVERNING BODY, GO TO HELL A**HOLES

• lesterd
    lesterd

Actually someting like, "Jehovahs love still holds the door to my weeding open to you." would work well

• zamora251978
    zamora251978

hey everyone thanks for your opinions and suggestions. Hey Dawg, I guess I would be considered an apostate because I have been going to Mass with my fiance' not that I plan on becoming a Catholic but it helps with the kids and the family as a whole. We basically go to mass then out to eat and go bowling or a movie. We spend the day together like a normal family would. I would consider myself to one point as being bitter. Most days I am very happy and content with my decision. I feel bitter when I see the stupid acts of the JW's congregation in my town. I can't wait til the next one follows me in Wal-Mart. I will give them a piece of apostate mind! Well that's a little bitter coming from me. I truly feel better and I have peace of mind knowing that my family is only acting this way because they are brainwashed like little robots.....Hey guess what? My sister getts married on the 24th of November. Some of my moms "worldly" family will be in town and she agreed to make Turkey, Dressing the works on the Sunday after the wedding? Apparently my fiance' and I are invited to come over for dinner. Any conversation ideas? Or should I just kill them with kindness and not start a fire? Not sure yet. My dad is not a baptised JW and he is not a publisher or studying or anything but attends the sunday meeting. I am brining him one of those aprons that say Turkey Master on it as maybe a Birthday gift. Not sure yet. His birthday is Dec. 13th. Should I do it? or should I just behave and respect the JW family?

Lu

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Only you can decide what to do. I have mixed feelings on rubbing things into JW faces.
    I used to be a JW, so I would not send a family member a Christmas or Birthday gift
    clearly presented as such. Still, I give gifts to family members regularly, so I would
    just give the Turkey Master apron to Dad without birthday fanfare. "I saw this and got
    it for you." But your dad is not a JW. So a birthday gift is probably a good thing.

There is also something to say for being yourself. Don't allow others to change what
    you would do. My wife had a dilema where an employer gave her a Christmas gift.
    She wanted the gift, but didn't like how he went out of his way to say it was a Christmas
    gift. She said something about not celebrating Christmas, expecting him to say,
    "Just keep the gift." She was shocked that he took it back and said, "Well, okay."

So that's part of my mixed feelings. Sometimes a JW needs to know these things
    are normal "worldly" activities- giving holiday or birthday gifts. Sometimes they need to
    know that their "Biblical" stand will cause them to miss out. Dad will probably just
    accept the Birthday gift, then the radical JW's will tell him it was wrong. He won't see
    it their way. "What's wrong with accepting a gift from your daughter, no matter the
    reason she gave it?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit