Avoiding an Elder

by R.F. 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

tell him your to busy living your life to waste time dealing with his nonsense....... and if that dont work tell him to F*** off lol jk

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

RF,

I wrote a DA letter and then they called and demanded that I meet with them.

The elder said I "had to." I told him I didn't "have to" do anything.

They announced my DF the next Sunday and yes, my sisters did shun me.

Be careful.

sacrebleu

• tula
    tula

R.F.

Could you use that "confidential" letter and its manner of execution to your advantage?

Could you not send your own letter (without appearance) to the BOE to tell them this elder is a troublemaker and spreading gossip about you through delivering "confidential" letters without courtesy of sealed envelope and distributing them to your family in order to purposely cause disharmony in your life?

Surely you can find some scripture for his chastisement. Use his manipulating beligerence to cause him some reproof.

Perhaps you can also assure them that you have no intention of meeting with any of them now as it seems they are deliberately contriving a situation for their own entertainment. Mention that you will go over their heads and inform (whoever they may find threatening) unless (you get an apology) or (they cease and desist the slander of your good name), etc.

There should be some way you could turn this around in your favor. This was malicious intent of feigning "confidence" and involving people who should not have been questioned nor made privy to any personal information. This is truly gossip, slander and troublemaking. Go bite them in the butt!

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

One think I know for sure is that he will give up....unless it involves him or his family. I wold say, "no, I don't see any reason we have for speaking" and then leave. I have a lock on my fence to be drivway. It is called "the witness protection program" they cant get in.

• Trygon
    Trygon

I have never been a JW, nor have ever needed to be bothered by them and that is for one reason.

Big dog.

Get a big dog and sit him/her by the front door. All JW related inccedents are avoided. If you were a JW but left then take the dog with you if your going anywhere, if a Eldar or JW approches you in order to bring you back then just let your dog do all the talking.

Also if your a female ex JW and a male Eldar apporches you in order to bring you back start screaming and slapping him whilst shouting "HELP! HELP!".

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

just keep ignoring his calls, he'll eventually give up.

another thing that worked for me was calling back, and when the elder said he'd like to visit me, i just said i'm just too busy at the time.

and if nothing helps and they DO visit you, make sure that either only ONE of them comes along - or shut your mouth, no matter what you want to say. remember that they need 2 witnesses. you can tell anything you want to 1 elder (though it might be risky also), but never talk when 2 of them are there.

• justhuman
    justhuman

change phone number, I.D. make plastic surgery to change your look

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think you might get some inspiration on how GoingGoingGone dismissed her CO. She can't avoid them if she tries, she's married to an elder! She came through the whole experience with grace. I think a big part of her success was that she knew who she was and she wasn't afraid any more. They had long lost their power to control her.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/123829/1.ashx

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is, in fact, a way to disconnect the phone if you ever get ambushed by the hounders that way. They often use "Per Call" or "All Call" block, so you will see "Private Name; Private Number" on your Caller ID. If this happens, do not answer it or pick up the receiver and hang it right back up.

Or, if you know where the jack enters the wall, you can unplug it there. Once it is unplugged, you hang up. They will think they lost connection. When they try to call you back, you just unplug it again. Leaving the phone off the hook will also work (they get a busy signal), but you will get that annoying noise to remind you to hang up, and they will just keep redialing the number. But, if every time they reach you you have another "telephone blackout", they will eventually get the message that they should be spending that time in field circus (lest they be stealing from Jehovah) instead of wasting time trying to call you only to get disconnected.

The door trick is as bad. Typically, criminals will try to block the peephole. If the hounders do this to get in, just treat them as if they were attempting something criminal. Usually it's scam artists that will pull this to get in so they can place a high pressure sale of some crap. Under no circumstances should you let them in, unless you know they are out in field circus away from your home (not on a hounding call) or at the boasting session. Perhaps if you know they are on another study, you are safe. Otherwise, it's better to let them waste their time. Ultimately, they are going to have to answer for stealing that time from Jehovah--at least in their mysticism-infested minds.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

I also was getting phone calls and had elders coming to my house a couple times. Thankfully I was at work. But after avoiding them successfully for months I was walking to my house and there they were at my doorstep. No escape!!! So I let them in and basically just told them that I had not gone to the meetings because i felt discouraged and I was re-evaluating what I wanted to do as far as religion went. That at the moment I felt like hypocrite if i were to go to meeting because it wouldn't be sincere. One elder kept on mentioning how close we are, and think about the PRIZE etc etc...oh yeah and my children and the responsability I had to Jah for them...

The only question one of them asked me that was very direct was if I still believed the end was coming and I said I didn't know. I had been hearing that story for years...and nothing..And then he said if I wanted to study the bible with them to regain my faith and I said I would think about them and contact them if I needed anything. It all ended well. My advice would be to get the meeting over with. They have to check up on all inactive ones in the territory. Just be nice and decline their help. I'll call you..don't call me thing....Well that's how it went with me and ever since I've had no more phone calls or visits...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit