Avoiding an Elder

by R.F. 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

my parents not only gave out my number........... they sicked the elders on me....... funny how i was there for over a year without them bothering with me...... hell without them even talking much to me at the few meetings i went to.

wait and see how long it is before the elders MYSTERIOUSLY and MIRACULOSLY get your new number.

i wouldnt meet with those *^%%()&_)*_)*_)*^%%$ for all the money in the world. and i would deny EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING.

dont go to those meetings, dont speak with him....... get a rot lol. get signs to put up at your door........ day sleeper do not disturb.

i knew that i wouldnt have any visitors to my apartment so i unhooked the damn door bell.

check it..... my mom called me to tell me they MIGHT be stopping by since my sister had a doctors appointment in the town i lived in.............. so i hear someone knocking and i look out the peep hole to see who it was.

a HAND covered the door but i ASSUMED it was them.......... no it was that stalking elder. wanted to give me a ride to the meetings and all the empty bulls*** so i politely refused..... said i had to get to bed because i had work at 3 am and shut the door.

good luck with your fade bro........

• R.F.
    R.F.
    Figure out a time to return his call when you know he won't answer.

Hmmm... Maybe a good time to call him would be 11am on Sunday or 8:00pm on Thursday...right in the middle of meetings.

so i hear someone knocking and i look out the peep hole to see who it was.

a HAND covered the door but i ASSUMED it was them.......... no it was that stalking elder.

That sure was sneaky and low, but what else can you expect from an elder.

R.F.

• zack
    zack

Don't talk to them about anything and , as Farkel said, especially over the phone. You have to answer NOTHING. Not only are you a grown and independent human being,

but no man is the master over your faith.

Tell them nothing. If you speak to them at all, ask that he quit harrassing you. Tell him you feel stalked and might have report it to the police.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius
    That sure was sneaky and low, but what else can you expect from an elder

now i gotta wonder........ did my mom tell him i would be home and answer that day......... or was it just blind luck...............................

• changeling
    changeling

I like the advice minimus gave you but I would keep my tone kind and soft. You do not want to antagonize these people.

changeling

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Tell him:

"You weren't my friend then, and you aren't my friend now. You're just a nosey busybody: mind your own business."

See how that sits with him.

• flipper
    flipper

R.F. I'm of the opinion not to return their calls at all. You don't owe them anything. If you have faded peacefully in your own privacy, you take control of the situation and give them nothing to work with ! They are trying to get the control of you back , by questioning what you believe and your take on the organization now . Don't give them the time of day. If they come to your door, just say I have nothing to talk about, " Have a good day " ! Be in control , emotionally and mentally of what they are trying to do. It worked for me eventually

It will work out. Just be smart guy ! Peace.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The main thing that sticks out in my memory of the elder you are talking about

was the Special needs part he and his wife did some time ago

on the length and slits in the sisters skirts.

I thought I was going to crawl out of my seat. I think they spent 20 mins going on and on about it.

And

if I am not mistaken, his kids are not doing anything with the truth. Correct me if I am wrong.

purps

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Hey RF:

This doesn't sound too good. Would you consider just sharing the truth about their cult with them and let the cards fall where they may? No deception or avoidance needed, but maybe you aren't ready to live with those consequences. Please keep me posted on what happens with this situation.

In the meantime, I found a dog for you. I think that guy is holding a "Shepherding the Flock" Manual...

Or maybe you'd prefer a more loving approach:

This sign

Scarlet Fever Quarantine sign

or this one:

Diphtheria Quarantine sign

• R.F.
    R.F.

Thank you all for the replies. I'm thinking about them all.

Purps, yes you are correct. None of his children are doing anything with "The Truth". Even though they're grown, I would think it be much better for him to try to work with them instead of hasseling me.

TS, the idea is good, but i'm not ready to deal with that right now. If I absolutely had to then i'd have no choice but to deal with it, but i'd much rather prefer to wait this one out to see what happens before I make that step. I've been thinking of writing a disassociation letter, and I don't think my family would shun me if I did, but I don't want to find that out at this point. If enough pressure comes, I just might though.

R.F.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit