For those of you who don't go to meetings anymore...

by exwitless 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• BIG D
    BIG D

one of my last meetings my x had left and i was raising all 3 boys alone and it was getting pretty hard on me, you know how little boys can get, the twins were little and making noise, i had taken them to the back many times, finally they were quiet, and then much later an elder walked by and dropped a watchtower in my lap, i looked at it, it had underlined, and i read it , it was about not properly supervising your children, i was infuriated, i snapped, and took him outside, this during the meeting, another elder followed, i told him , if you are concerned enough to study a article for me to look at, you should offer to help me , with one of my 3 boys, and i read him 1 thess 4;11, and i said do you underatand the point im making?

he shook his head yes, and i said , dont ever pull that on me again!, brother loveing

big d

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

My last meeting was also Memorial of 2006, exwitless. I had gone to get my husband to leave me alone because the elders were nagging him about me not attending. I told him before I went that was the last time I was ever going to attend a meeting. He knew I had pushed myself as far as I could. I sat in the car afterwards shaking and nauseated and crying. I'm so unspeakably grateful I don't have to put myself through that anymore. No matter how stressful my life is since I left, it's nothing compared to what I endured while part of the Borg!

brunn

• observador
    observador

No, when I went to my last meeting, I didn't know that was my last meeting. It has been about 5 years now.

Shortly after I went to that meeting, I used to like when I read things such as "I promised myself to never set foot at the KH again, and so I did it", etc.

However, I no longer think that saying things like the above, especially to family members, is a good approach. I believe I said something along those lines once, and I regretted it.

Being a JW is about outward appearances, loyalty and ideology. It is my experience that saying things like the above will make a JW family member even more resolute to prove that their ways are better and they're unaffected.

I now believe there are smarter and sneaky ways to show their ideology is wrong and a waste of time.

Observador.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    No more mind control. It drove me crazy and the anger took time to heal. But after 4 years, I'm fine now

((((((Flipper))))))

I had no idea. My whole belief system collapsed over the course of a couple of hours.

Wow, thats really dramatic! It must have been mind blowing to deal with such a quick un-conversion.

I had no idea it would be my last. I did a long drift, I had probably been patchy at meetings for ages, but I honestly cant remember now. I still regularly have dreams that I am at a meeting and I decide there and then never to go back, and I always get a rush of empowerment when I make the decision.

I can only imagine that I must have been wishing I did have that 'final feeling' and so create it in my dreams instead.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I didn't have any idea that my last meeting was going to be the last one. I don't even remember it.

Warlock

• monophonic
    monophonic

August 1999, don't remember the exact date.

for family reasons i still attend the memorial hopped up on xanax and a few drinks.

-why is Brother, i mean Mister Monophonic so sweaty when it's cold in here? I can see the perspiration dripping from his satanic looking goatee.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

The last memorial we attended I over heard one of the loving elder's wives saying "Oh, look at all the submarines here tonight. They pop up once a year for the memorial and think they going to make it into paradise. Why do they bother." So I thought yeah, why do I bother? This is a load of BS anyway. My hubby and I decided that we were no longer going to be submarines!

• Warlock
    Warlock
    The last memorial we attended I over heard one of the loving elder's wives saying "Oh, look at all the submarines here tonight. They pop up once a year for the memorial and think they going to make it into paradise. Why do they bother." So I thought yeah, why do I bother? This is a load of BS anyway. My hubby and I decided that we were no longer going to be submarines

Excuse my english: What a fucking judgemental BITCH.

Warlock

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Oh, look at all the submarines here tonight. They pop up once a year for the memorial and think they going to make it into paradise. Why do they bother

What a Class A cow. They are the ones that put tons of effort into hunting out everyone who has ever set foot in a KH and inviting them to the memorial in the first place. Why do THEY bother? To make them feel smug and saved?

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

i don't know if i already had my last meeting. haven't been to one in about a year or so, with the exception of the memorial and one day of the district convention. my biggest problem was, that my wife still wanted to go and would always be upset about me not going, because everyone would ask her why i am not there. luckily she now stopped going also. i don't know when i can make the final step (stop going to the memorials) though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit