For those of you who don't go to meetings anymore...

by exwitless 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

My last meeting was the memorial of 2003... The elder s wife sitting next to me did not even say hello. I knew it was the last time. It was a bit strange, but I never looked back either.

BTW: Excuse to everyone cause as an elder I remember saying privately that those who came once a year were submarines. Did not want to be one, so I did not go back in 2004..

• mathilde
    mathilde

International Convention, Copenhagen 200? Can´t even remember wich year it was.

I had been reading a lot here-and I had found out so much-the most important thing for me was to find out that I wasn´t alone with my bad experiences with the tower and that there was nothing wrong with me-my doubts had been turned into facts and I was NOT alone about this!

So there I was, sitting on a concrete bench in the burning sun-hearing all the same xxxx again.the same bible quotes, the same warnings, the same begging for money,and on and on....

Because I had been here it was like I could see the complete thing with fresh eyes-and for the first time I allowed myself to really feel the irritation and anger towards the org.for misleading so many people with their bullxxxx.

There and then I knew this was the very last time I´d waste my time, energy, money and my selfrespect to this organisation.

Mathilde

• leokio
    leokio

Made my last attempt to fit in and make a go of it in Michigan in 1984 but after several months I knew I would never believe the lie again no matter how hard I tried. I said goodbye to the only 2 friends I'd made at that Hall in 2 years (Fred and Ellie). It was after the Thursday night meeting and I'd been transfered to another state and I knew I'd never set foot in a Kingdom Hall again and to date, I haven't. Not one regret, not one tear shed. Fred and Ellie were pretty old then and may no longer be around but I think about them from time to time and wish them well wherever they may be. Leo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit