For those of you who don't go to meetings anymore...

by exwitless 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• exwitless
    exwitless

When you attended your last meeting ever as a dub, did you KNOW it was your last? Did something happen which made it clear in your mind you were 'never going back' (not to be confused with nvrgnbk)?

The last meeting we went to was the Memorial in 2006. We only went because we knew we were already pegged for the elders' unwanted attention, so we had to go to keep them off our backs a little longer. That was 6 months before we DA'd in Sept 2006. When we walked out of the KH that night, I knew we'd never set foot in it again. I literally never looked back. We hightailed it out the door as soon as it was over, and that was all she wrote for us. It was a pathetic guilt-ridden memorial talk; made me want to vomit and/or stand up and yell at the speaker. Instead, LDB and I drew funny pictures for each other and had to stifle our laughing during the "somber" parts. Ugh...

• John Doe
    John Doe

No, I didn't know it at the time.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I didn't have the thought that it would be my last meeting. I was actually still very loyal to the Org when I went to my last meeting. I guess I could say I was in a transition. So much had happened all at once that kept me away from meetings. During that time, I was researching more about the religion and quickly saw that I wanted to be part of it no more. I'd say it took me a good 2 weeks to get deprogrammed in a large way from JW teachings.

R.F.

• flipper
    flipper

EX-WITLESS- I knew. I had just had the worst advice given to me ever by 3 elders in the back room, before a Thursday night meeting. They tried to tell me I should take back my methamphetamine addicted wife who was abusive to me and the kids . After they met with me , I went to my seat, picked up my books , and left the kingdom hall, never going back. That was 4 years ago, have never regretted the decision ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• BIG D
    BIG D

cumlative process over 12 years, something in me told me it was not what it was supposed to be, and i gave talks on sacred srevice and realized that it meant that caring for others not field service, only the apostles were in recipt of holy spirit for that.

sadly it was after my wife faded and left, and abandoned her 3 kids to me, life is continually a surprise, and no matter what i think it will turn out to be , it always is different. but i survived severe depression, and became the good mr mom i could never have been in the years past, i am 45 now and reminded daily how beautiful it is to watch my kids grow up, i am glad iam here.

big d

• exwitless
    exwitless

Mr. Flipper-it amazes me how ludicrous the elders can be. Good for you for leaving right away before the meeting started.

So you are one of many nvrgnbk's here!

• steve2
    steve2

Yes, I remember the night I decided that I would go to only one more meeting and then never again enter a kingdom hall.

It was a Thursday night early May 1982, just over 25 years ago.

I was very calm when I walked out of the Kingdom Hall because I knew I would never be back.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, exwit:

I remember that my last meeting was 15 June 2006 and that I was already 6 months inactive. I don't recall thinking 'This is my last meeting,' but I had already read CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE and surfed the net. I was exhausted from eking out a living and my continued efforts to make amends with certain individuals in the hall I had deemed futile. In addition, I felt the GB were bloodguilty and altogether too accepting of the near worship of the true believers. Somewhere in this time frame it occurred to me:

"There is no reason I have to spend the rest of my life living a lie! I'm out of here ..."

There was a tacit understanding between me and those JWs who were important to me.

I cannot go back.

CoCo

• flipper
    flipper

Ex-WITLESS- No more mind control. It drove me crazy and the anger took time to heal. But after 4 years, I'm fine now, thanks. Peace to you, my friend, peace out, Mr. Flipper

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I had no idea. My whole belief system collapsed over the course of a couple of hours.

Never went back.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit