When Your Parent Died

by freyd 32 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Sadly, I'm not close to my parents. My whole family is pretty dysfunctional. My mother has alzhiemers, and doesn't know who I am or who my father is for that matter. I call them every couple of months just to check on the, So if they died, it wouldn't affect me one bit. They and my brothers are not in my life anyways.

My family were not JW's. My parents are catholics, my two older brothers, one is athiest, the other agnostic. It's been 30 years since we were in the same room together. Out of sight, out of mind.

RR

• Chloe
    Chloe

My dad died June 22. He was my best friend. I talked to him every day, cherishing every conversation because I knew how frail he was even though he was still very active. Sure enough, he got pneumonia and couldn't overcome it. He was 83.

I miss him every day. He was my Daddy.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I lost my mother and it was really hard in the beginning, it has been over 8 years and my father is now 87 years old and I know the eventuality of if all. It has gotten easier and I think of the future, and I believe with all my heart that I will see her again and think of what we are going to go through, she is in a better place than all the suffering.

She seen Germany destroyed in WWII, my father seen both the depression and the war, they have seen enough, I look forward to the better times ahead which God who cannot lie, says it will happen.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit