When Your Parent Died

by freyd 32 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    Is there a part of you that died with them?

Sure did!

I lost both parents within 2 months of each other. My Dad died April, 1998........and Mom died June 1998. It was as if she just didn't want to live without him. I can truly understand that bond.........because 2 years previous..........April 1996....my wife died at 46 years of age.

Part of me died several times within a couple of years.

It's funny running across this thread tonight because I just got off the phone with my still JW brother in law who I haven't talked to in 3 years. It was a good conversation and it was only about family welfare..........nothing JW whatsoever. There was a part of the conversation that brought something to my mind and I told him that since Joyce died (my wife) that I could sum up my life in two words..........IT SUCKS!

Now for a lot of things.....yeah....it sucks, but there is still a ton of happiness in what I am doing today. I just summed it up by thinking what life was when she was still here. It was the best even though JW thinking was the lifestyle. The same can be said about my parents. Life was good with them here.

Like the old saying as well as a song says.........."You don't know what you got til' it's gone"

HappyDad

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I prefer to think part of my Parents is living on through me.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

these sad stories are why i sacrifice a morning or two a month..sigh...

• Warlock
    Warlock

My father might as well be dead. He and my mom divorced when she was carrying me. I contacted him once and he said he would call me back when he got back from a trip out of the country. That was in 1985. I'm still waiting.

My mom is 71 and in good health. I pray she lives past 100.

I'm the only JW in the family.

Oh well, what can I do to stop the cycles of life and death? Nothing.

Warlock

• brinjen
    brinjen

I've lost both my parents, my mum a little over 13 years ago, dad 5 1/2 years (though thanks to a certain cult, I never knew him). Yes, they both took a piece of me when they died. It's the unanswered questions that got to me the most, but you learn to deal with that. Maybe some things are just best left unsaid...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My father died in 2002. A part of me died that year as well. He was my hero, my mentor, and most of all, my father. I was surprised my mother has lived to date as she married him at 21 years of age. I miss his honesty, his advice, and his companionship. I've never known a man who so easily is accepted by anyone. His friends ranged from the very poor to the very wealthy. He is the type of personality who you had to try to hate, and yet would fail. Nothing was more horrific than to be at his side when he succumbed to death. Diagnosed with cancer he fought for 6 months. He lays in sleep for me to meet him again some day.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

no

the shackles finally fell off

• justhuman
    justhuman

When my dad past way a part of me died. Although we didn't have a good relation, still it was my dad. Only in the last couple years of his life we came close to each other.

I wish I could speak to him when he was alive regarding W.T., and why I became inactive. I wish I could tell him my feelings regarding WT that is just a false prophet, and how they distroyed thousand of lifes. Unfortunately my dad gave all his life serving WT. CO, elder, Gilead, pioneer, missioner. How can you tell to a 76 year old man that his life was just a waste of time, serving a banch of old men in Brookly?

It is sad but after he died I have burried my WT part along with him...After that I was disfellowshiped

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

My mom died right after Thanksgiving 2001. She was just a month away from 60. I lost something big when she died suddenly. Something that has happened for the last few years since then makes me think really hard about what happens after people die. I've never told anybody this before because they would probably think I was nuts. But right around Christmas starting 2001 and all the way up to last Christmas, there has been a white dove that lands outside the window where the Christmas tree is and it watches me. For hours. For a few days every December. And every time I've seen this dove I've felt the presence of my mother. I can feel her watching. I can not explain it but I know it was there because I've taken many pictures of it. We bought a new house a few months ago and Chrismas is comming up real soon. I wonder if I'll see this dove at my new house? I hope so.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I was in a type of emotional coma for 2 yrs about I think.. Mom died of cancer, was told she would be back soon in the resurrection. That was 37 years ago. I have since come to want to believe that she's already been in a better place (heaven) all this time. All of her children (here in this picture) have left JWdom since as we are more comfortable dealing with reality than the WTS fantasy world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit