God helped me get through it...

by LtCmd.Lore 37 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

You have an issue with my GREETING... and wish for your peace? Seriously?!!

Not, "Oh, Shel, you've just committed some great sin against me and so really should apologize and ask for my forgiveness, which I readily give." No, instead, my "transgression"... is that I wished someone peace.

Sigh!

Good lord, the "damage" done to some of you folks. You TRULY have my SINCERE...condolences. I truly am VERY sorry that your personal experience(s) in life... whatever they may have been... in the Borg... not in the Borg... whatever... were SO traumatic, SO insurmountable... that you are now SO cynical (or perhaps you always were, for which I am even sorrier!) that the highlight of your day is to pick apart someone's good greeting, given with all good intention and motive.

And you wonder why your [view of life] "sucks." Maybe, it's just your vision.

Peace, always, at least, from my end...

SA, a slave of Christ and a habitual non-Schlep-Rock

• erynw
    erynw

Read a couple of my old topics, you'll know which ones, and you'll know why I think you and your bible god are laughable.

I'm done, it's over, this gal is singing.

• AGuest
    AGuest

and some of my not-so-old ones, too... you'll know which ones... and you'll know why I have no choice but to pity you. Truly... and sincerely.

My [wish] for [your] peace... remains.

A slave of Christ,

SA, who does not ascribe to the "bible" god... and if you had read virtually ANY of my posts, you would know this...

• Gopher
    Gopher

Aw, c'mon Eryn and Shelby. Can't we all get along? We all know the JW's are a misguided hurtful control-freaky religion. We're really on the same side.

I just hate it when two posters that I like have a skirmish. Even though I don't know either of you, I bet if you met you'd probably have more in common than not (if debates about a deity were set to the side).

Eryn -- our friend Shelby really believes in a god who will save us. We may not, but not everyone will see it that way.

Shelby -- Just because someone doesn't believe in a god doesn't mean their view sucks. It just means they look for meaning and love of humanity without an invisible influence.

• justhuman
    justhuman

it is rather a WT expression

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I think Lt's question is a good one. I also ask myself that question before. I think when somebody says "god help me get through this" they just repeat something that was thought to them with out really thinking about it, it's like some sort of ritualistic magical spell that reassure them that every thing is going to be okay even if they have all these bad feelings. Or some might believe that what they are going through is a test of some sort.

• zack
    zack

God might be too busy with the CMA awards. Seems all the winners really thanked him for making their awards possible.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace... and thank you for attempting to reconcile the differences of those you care for in this way. It is a kind and loving thing for you to do, truly.

Just because someone doesn't believe in a god doesn't mean their view sucks.

I wholeheartedly agree, which is why I wish EVERYONE that I correspond with here peace (i.e., "May you ALL... have peace!"). Everyone. Ev-ry-one. I find it interesting that that fact is overlooked, particularly since I've been "wishing" folks here "peace" for many years, now. This is not new; it is not something I just came up with. It is my sincere hope... for EVERYONE here. True, it might be my hope that they obtain their peace, NOT the way the world gives it, but in the way my Lord gives it. But, heck, if they OBTAIN peace in their lives... on any level... in any measure... why would I not rejoice with them? I would!

I attempt to greet pretty much everyone in my life, Goph. Everyone. The person I am passing on the street, the person in the seat next to me at... whereever. If I make eye contact, I greet them. Period. I often find it a wonder that people do NOT greet each other, but simply pass by without ever looking up. In MY culture, we do that. Indeed, it is VERY rare for two black people to pass one another by without some kind of acknowledgement, even if it's just a nod. To pass by without doing so is almost anathema. We acknowledge one another, and very often try to acknowledge all others, even if it's with just a nod. True, MANY people don't want it... as is evident here. But I... "speak." I... say "good morning," "good evening"... whathaveyou. I use my "manners" and GREET people... even if I'm greeting someone who doesn't take so kindly to me.

It just means they look for meaning and love of humanity without an invisible influence.

Which is entirely their perogative to do, dear Goph'! I would also offer, however, that if one is TRULY looking for "love of humanity," perhaps one should START... with "the man/woman in the mirror"... and GIVE it. Regardless of how they feel about the individual themselves. I mean, that is what THEY want, isn't it? Acceptance? For what they DO believe... AND what they don't? Anything less is, truly, hypocrisy. No matter HOW you "color" it.

I wish you the greatest of love and peace, dear Gopher, truly, as you well know. Always.

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit