God helped me get through it...

by LtCmd.Lore 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

I know of little kids who have "imaginary invisible friends" that sit next to them at the dinner table, and play with them in their room.

Those invisible friends help them get through their lonely times.

Some of them outgrow the need for an invisible friend, for others the god of whatever region they live in becomes that invisible friend.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Gopher, very true!

Their faith and belief in god is pure and genuine

and god fails to even help them.

• erynw
    erynw

God helps no one. The god of the bible can kiss my *ss. If I am going to "get through it" I have to figure out how to "get through it" myself. I f*cking hate, forget it.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

I thinks its a psychological thing. If you think you've got the almighty on your side helping you through life's trials & tribulations then you may well get a sense of well being and security.

• eclipse
    eclipse

There may be no god, but there are good friends...

and to me, they are better than anything that god could ever give.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

What lfcviking said. Plus, prayer can probably make you focus your thoughts and make you at least feel like you're being listened to. In addition, you can feel that you can put your worries onto God, and let him worry about it, which probably relieves a lot of stress. While I no longer believe it works supernaturally, I think it might naturally, mentally.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

I know of little kids who have "imaginary invisible friends" that sit next to them at the dinner table, and play with them in their room.

Actually, we all had such a friend. He is the Christ. As young children, we can hear... and very often eve see... him. That is because we have not yet become inhibited by the false teachings and "darkness" of this world.

Those invisible friends help them get through their lonely times.

And more, actually, including, very often, some very dangerous situations. When we listened, that is.

Some of them outgrow the need for an invisible friend

And there's part of the "rub"...

for others the god of whatever region they live in becomes that invisible friend.

Becomes, no. Replaces, yes.

And still others are simply talked out of their "friendship," by parents, teachers, elder siblings, and other "authority figures" who consider themselves to be "in the know" about such things... but who themselves now reside in the darkness (i.e., void of Light - John 1:4, 5, 9; 8:12)

And once one of the above situations occur, our own "maturity" thereafter gets in the way of us seeing and hearing God, through Christ. Our "mature" intellect tells us it can't be done, it can't happen. So... our MIND... blocks it out and makes it appear as if it doesn't. But it can and does! And in order to RETURN to a mind which CAN receive that which originates in the spirit realm, one must do as my Lord is recorded to have said Matthew 18:3:

"Unless you turn around and become as young children, you will by no means ENTER into the kingdom of the heavens."

Dear Gopher, he wasn't talking just about entry at some future point, but now, even. A babe... still "remembers" his experience in the womb. The spirit realm... is the womb... of all creation. It is where ALL creation originated (John 1:3; Ecclesiastes 1:10; 3:15), and where we're all SUPPOSED to be trying to get back to (the "Ark"... of the Covenant).

Does this mean that we have to revert to idiotic simple-mindedness? Of course, not. It means that we have to put off the false teachings and unfounded beliefs, including superstition and "inhibitions"... and FEAR (particularly of what others might say!)... all of which stand in our way and block out the Light (John 1:9). It is only then that we allow him [to shine] through!

True, this can be "embarrassing" and subject to ridicule... but, unlike the "mature"... young children rarely know when... or how... to be embarrassed. That is, until someone "mature"... makes him or her aware that he or she "should" be. And, usually, that "awareness" is accompanied by some intent, even slight, to humiliate... and so results in such a feeling (humiliation).

The result? The young child NEVER wants to feel that [humiliation] again... and so he/she learns... to conform: there is no "friend" and saying so is "babyish and stupid." That... is a lie.

I bid you peace... and ears to hear... if you so wish them

Your servant, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

• erynw
    erynw

There may be no god, but there are good friends...

and to me, they are better than anything that god could ever give.

• James Free
    James Free
    Actually, we all had such a friend. He is the Christ.

Yes, because the world is SO much better these past two thousand years since he died and thereby paid the price we all owed God. If Christ is reading this - maybe you need to ask God for a refund!

• helncon
    helncon

Whenever when we are faced with a crisis many turn to religion and pray and say God help us.

How or why did he let it happen in the first place.

I think its a person of conveince. IMO.

Helen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit