God helped me get through it...

by LtCmd.Lore 37 Replies latest jw friends

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

What does that mean anyway?

Or: "I couldn't have got through it without god's spirit."

I hear it CONSTANTLY, but I have no idea exactly what it's supposed to mean. How do you NOT get through something?

So if one of your relatives dies, and you pray for help: Unless you DIE, or have a nervous breakdown you got through it, correct?

That doesn't really seem like something that requires divine intervention...

• zeroday
    zeroday
    I hear it CONSTANTLY, but I have no idea exactly what it's supposed to mean.

It means nothing people are constantly trying to determine the will of GOD. God spared me from this auto accident when 50,000 other people died in accidents every year...God healed me when millions die every year from disease...Where is this GOD for everyone apparently very selective..

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

There is no GOD

• zeroday
    zeroday
    There is no GOD

HERE HERE well spoken Barbie Doll by the way I am a native Californian just transplanted to Tennessee but us Californians must stick together...

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

When in doubt, ask yourself, WWSD?

• zeroday
    zeroday

When in doubt, ask yourself, WWSD?

And you have a problem with SATAN not me...I have discovered we all have a little Satan in us...

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

There is no SATAN either

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

If you accept that God has helped you in some special way, then you must also admit that he chose not to help some other bastard who got screwed over. And don't even get me started on how unethical it is if this were true to accept a blessing from God when you know someone who is suffering more than you is perhaps not recieving it because God was busy with your problem.

I am still open to believing in some higher power, but the God that intervenes in human life supposedly and is all powerful all inspiring, bla bla bla doesn't exist.

• eclipse
    eclipse

And for all of those believers who couldn't handle life any longer and choose to take their life, where was god when they needed him most?

Little children who have no malice or bad intentions, and God provides no answer or reply when they pray...

Why? How is it possible for to people retain their faith? What is it that keeps faith going? I guess I am like Job's wife

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    There is no SATAN either

And he knows it.

If you accept that God has helped you in some special way, then you must also admit that he chose not to help some other bastard who got screwed over.

You really are enjoying mental clarity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit