Did you mind if a JW worked where you worked ?

by JH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In fact, there was a time when other Witlesses actually did work in my department. They did not last. They also spent most of their time trying to minimize the work that was work that they did. They also argued about petty doctrine issues and tried to get me involved (my answer was to look it up yourself if it really bothered them). And the hounding to go to meetings, including setting alarms up so I couldn't blow off the meetings.

The worst was that one of them was a brother of the lead hounder. This person was determined that I was going to stay a Witless, even if it meant my becoming one of them (as one of their family). Luckily, that "brother" got fired before he could arrange either to drag me in the family or set up the alarm. The others either got fired or quit without giving any notice. That left me (who turned apostate) and the one person that spoiled their attempts to get an all-Witless crew (who is still there).

I don't think I would like having another active Witless working in the same crew with me. I cannot trust them. They might be laissez-faire types. Or, they might appear to be laissez-faire, until I am gone; at which point they get on their cell phone and call Brother Hounder to come and pick me up out of work. That could cut the wasted effort on busting me short or worse, lead one of the "brothers" to arrange me to live with a family that is super-strict in the Tower. Were that to happen (and I do not trust them not to pull crap like that, especially now that I have heard that they still call on apostate Danny Haszard despite a clear No Trespassing sign and knowing that he is a prominent apostate), that would effectively cut my celebrating Christmas short. it would also cut short any attempt to find a somewhat normal life outside that organization, and make it impossible for me to post anything more here. It would also be the end of freedom as I know it.

It would be better for me if I got busted for celebrating Christmas the regular way. Better still, if they can waste as much time, energy, and gas as possible in the process.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I never met any jws in the fashion world...I wonder why?

• lucifer
    lucifer

It depended on which JW it was, my best friend worked with me once, and we had a blast, she got into more trouble than I did, but one of the 'good' JW girls applied, and I really didn't want her to work there, because I found work was my only escape from the JW world, so I told my boss not to hire her, and he didn't. I don't care how mean that might sound because it let me keep my sanity.

• Purza
    Purza

When I was an active JW, I worked with a JW friend. She was part time, whereas I was full time. And I was fine with that. During our 30 minute commute, we used to test ourselves on the written review questions. I was such a dork as I used to love written review -- maybe because it was so easy!

I currently work at a place where another JW works. She is in a separate office, so I don't see her often, but whenever I do she is so sweet and kind -- I think that is just her personality. We have mutual friends and she NEVER asks about my status. I appreciate that about her.

Purza

• tribalgirl
    tribalgirl

When I was very young (15-16), I worked with my mom cleaning houses (big suprise there, huh?), after she retired, she gave her "half" of the business to another witness woman whom I had to work with if I wanted to keep my share of the money. I did it for a short time, until I got married. Then I left the whole thing to the other woman. She was a nosey busy-body who constantly asked me personal questions about myself and others in my family. I'm sure she was just trying to feed the gossip mill at the KH.

I feel extremely lucky to be self employed now doing something that I love with noone around to bother me.

• Jenlet
    Jenlet

When I was a teenager I worked with another Witness. I was in Accounts Receivable and he was supposed to be in Sales. He was useless at his Sales job and at the Kingdom Hall as well. He never got a promotion at either place.

He was constantly trying to get some kind of dirt on me. He would listen in on my phone conversations as much as he could. He would ask the girl I sat next to (who was not a Witness), "Who was she talking to?", and "Was she talking to her mother?" I guess he wanted to know if I had "worldly" friends.

It was like his life's work was to get some dirt on me. He never did.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

By all means YES I did mind! They were waaaay too nosy! I remember one time I made a remark to another co-worker that I had plans for the weekend, the "sister" found it appropriate to butt in with "I hope those plans include meetings!" Jeez! Just imagine, this dried-up, unattractive spinster talking absolute nonsense about meetings in the middle of my conversation with someone else.

Another time, my Saturday-night movie watching was interrupted by a phone call from the PO asking me about an "inappropriate relationship" with a worldly man. What? I hadn't a clue what he was talking about! Turns out this busybody sister found I was talking to the guy too much for her liking, and made it her business to call the PO and inform him. She didn't know what congo I was from and ended up calling the wrong PO. He then conveyed the info onto my PO. At the next meeting, he and another elder questioned me at the front of the Hall about it, complete with opening prayer and everything! My only answer was ... where's the proof? Never heard of the issue again.

• yknot
    yknot

No, yea some are gossipy but not to the point of tattling. I would say we were NOT the type of KH that feels a family bond. Most of us are not friends beyond FS.

Going further since most of my issues are with NY and certain men, when I go back to work, a sister will be helping out as a caregiver for my children.

Y

• Mincan
    Mincan

I always worked FOR JWs... damn

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yes I would and did mind because I have had the unpleasant experience.

I have seen what is like to work with over-righteous types as well as not so righteous types. Neither one is pleasant. The over-righteous type would always be judging and possibly nutty and possibly carrying tales back to the congregation - so you learn to be secretive. The not so righteous type would always be trying to take advantage or get-over - so you learn to be guarded. This person will also be gossiping and carrying tales.

With regard to either type I would not tolerate them overstepping their boundaries which is something that would always present a problem.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit