We Should Give Newbies the Benefit of the Doubt

by flipper 53 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

That is a good question, Purps. Don't know ! I know myself and others pmed her! Hope she comes back ! Didn't get pissed ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• horrible life
    horrible life

Flipper, I so agree. Although I have been guilty. I tend to look at IP addresses alot. I may have a touch of OCD. I try to welcome new ones, when I can, but since T-gate, I am also skeptical when I read new posters.

I am guilty, of not being nice to 1 newbie. It was, faith in ??????? Thailand. I wanted him to become my pool boy. I didn't want to heed his sage advice about eating a large carbohydrate meal, before running a marathon. I have a confession. I don't have a pool, and I can't walk upstairs in my house, without getting winded.

I vow to shed my skepticism, and read newbie posts, with an open mind, and heart, and welcome them sincerely.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

HL

I vow to shed my skepticism, and read newbie posts, with an open mind, and heart, and welcome them sincerely.

Do you have your fingers crossed behind your back?

purps

• horrible life
    horrible life

Naaa I'm for real

• horrible life
    horrible life

But I would really, really like a pool boy.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I love you, Mr. Flipper.

You know me.

We've talked.

I've talked to many others from JWD, some even on this thread.

I think I've been a rather welcoming and encouraging member of JWD for the time I've been here.

Having said that, I am not going to apologize for the weird stuff I pointed out in inactive?'s comments.

I was supportive and encouraging to the poster but felt a need to get some things clarified.

Much of it still doesn't sit well with me.

Peace!

• flipper
    flipper

HORRIBLE LIFE- I agree with you that the Trevor fiasco put a dent in some of our ability to trust. But it's good you still want to welcome newbies. The fact remains, " Trevor" was a poster of 2 years so he was more liable than any newbie who would not know anything! So keep on posting Horrible, I enjoy your contributionsto the board ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Gregor
    Gregor

Firstly, you are not my Daddy or my Momma. May I humbly suggest you frame your admonishments as observations rather than judgements and proclamations. This is the INTERNET, not the Kingdom Hall. Thanks

I have called the bluff of a couple of recent posters, Thailand and the other one from Germany/China. I have yet to be convinced that they are not pranks, if not the infamous Trevor himself. Other than these I'm always ready to welcome newbies.

While I'm at it I will ask about your salutation, "Peace out..." . Is this a throwback to hippy days? I think comes across as an affectation but that's just me.

It reminds me of the annoying salutation "Respectfully" by a former poster who had a knack for rubbing people the wrong way.

May the Force be with you, Gregor

• flipper
    flipper

NVR- I love you too man! I totally understand your and the other posters apprehension yesterday about some of the weird things said in that post . It was one of the more bizarre experiences I've read since being on the board. No apologies necessary ! I appreciated the way you were respectful to the poster and just trying to get more information by asking leading questions . I did not feel in any way that you were judging this person one way or the other, just trying to get a better handle on what the hell she was saying ! Me too ! That being said, as I stated at the middle part of this thread I started , you know my experiences, we have talked, and I have been bizarrely treated by elders in a negative way when I was a witness , I feel because I came from a prominent witness family , and one elder who knew my past had a vendetta against me wanting to " plant " evidence against me when none was present. So that is why I didn't have any trouble believing this inactives story.I have seen other crazy things in my time too, in that organization with others I personally know ! It seemed to me she was really acting hurt by what had happened . Time will tell I guess , hopefully she'll come back on for more help , or not. Her true motives will become apparent in time I'm sure! So, I understand bro , peace to you hope you have a good night. Yes, you are one of the most welcoming posters I know on this board, am I'm proud to call you my friend, you have a P.M

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth
    We Should Give Newbies the Benefit of the Doubt

Absolutely. Healing is a process. Some may visit once or twice but the seed of love and acceptance can be planted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit