So... is everyone here an x JW? Or currently??

by Elyse867 46 Replies latest jw friends

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Welcome Elyse! Our situations are similar. I faded after moving a year ago. Finally just stopped. You and I had the triple treatment for guilt: abuse, alcoholism and JW's. I have 3 kids, 12, 9, and 2, my husband left the org 8 yrs ago. We also did our first Halloween this year and I am already buying Xmas stuff. My mom-in-law knows about it, but my mom does not. My sister, whose late husband was the SO in their hall, left at the same time I did. Our brother never got baptized. Our dad died 13 yrs ago, just after being reinstated. He took too many pain pills, accidentally, with a good shot of whiskey.

May I say this, you and your husband are adults. You are able to make decisions for your family, no guilt or excuses involved. I told my mom-in-law that it was our family's business and we couldn't be happier. End of story. Although I know how hard it is to let go of that guilty feeling, keep trying so you and your family can live a great life. You are doing a great thing by helping your mom out, by the way.

momzcrazy

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Hello Elyse867!

I'm still an Elder in good standing. 2nd gen. JW. All my family and friends JW.

You will find a LOT of people going through your same problems here. That has helped me during all these months.

I started having doubts years ago, but started seeing things clearly since Feb. 07.

Welcome to the club!!! :)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome elyse, yknot, hiddenwindow, and tooktheredpill. I think we are seeing the beginning of a whole new generation of disaffected JW's. I bet the organization has no idea how thin their hold is on the congregations.

By the way, I'm not an ex-JW. I married a Witness instead, still in shaky standing. So I'm associated with the madness without partaking in it.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Welcome to the boards...nice to know you a little! I am sorry about your childhood. At least they "neglected" to beat you. I cannot imagine why in the world they beat your sister starting at 6 MO'S! That is really crappy. It makes me sad. Anyways, glad you are out of that life! Looking forward to knowing you more :)

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

3rd generation, raised in the Truth, left as a teenager before baptism.....so, I'm not an official "apostate", but one of the ring leaders (lol)

Skeeter

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    ...now that my mom lives with us, we just celebrate what we want, but just don't say anything to my mom. My kids aren't allowed to talk to my mom about birthdays or holidays... we snuck out of the house last week to go trick-or-treating, our first time. I know my mom knows, but we have that wierd don't ask don't tell relationship. I HATE feeling like I'm going to be in trouble in my own house. I know if I were to decorate or put up a tree this Christmas, my mom would all but disown me...

What I get from this forum is that comments like the above are not strange to me.
    Others here have been there and can fully relate without having to explain in
    5 more paragraphs. I don't have your situation, but I also have the 800 lb. gorilla
    in the room with me and my wife. She ignores it the best she can.

I am faded from the religion. Technically, I am an inactive JW, but VERY inactive
    as many here are.

Great of you to share your story. It sounds like a typical screwed up family, much
    of it from the JW's, but you seem to come out of it pretty good and acting like a normal
    person caring for family.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

When I read your post I almost thought you were one of my family..LOL!!! but I guess that would be too much....Needless to say I can relate with so much of your story...But I also hate the whole holiday hiding aspect..My kids were asking me who could come to their birthday party and of course none of the family (aunts, uncles, grandma) can...so....I'm glad you have found what your child is adept with and what he likes. I am also doing the same with mine. I stopped going to the meetings after being very irregular almost all my adult life. That was almost a year ago.

• DJK
    DJK

Welcome. I was raised in it and left at 18.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

welcome - active JW here

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

but although active I do things JWs should not

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit