I know ur gonna hate this but i gotta ask.

by XOCO 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Moses pictures how Jesus will soon appear on earth as a used car salesman and Elijah pictures Elisha and everyone else with an "sha" sound in their name who live in Brooklyn. It's an honor to share the good news with facts like that. W.Once

• veradico
    veradico

My understanding of the orthodox symbolic Christian interpretation is that the story means that Moses and Elijah's placement with Jesus in the transfiguration represents his harmony with the Law and the Prophets. Also, the story (esp. the versions in *Matthew* and Luke) reflects the idea that Jesus was revealed _secretly_ to be the Son of Man of the Daniel prophecy (referenced in the Watchtower article cited by The Oracle). You'll notice the story is placed right after Jesus' false prediction that some of his followers would be alive to see the reign of God take power. Both of these aspects of the story reflect an early attempt by Jesus' followers to redefine what he taught in order to preserve their faith and community. Jesus never identified himself as the Son of Man, though he may have thought he was the Son of God (understood as a kingly, imperial, messianic, or even divine-man title--but not to be conflated with the Son of Man, whose coming he foretold). More importantly, the story explains away his false prediction. His followers did "see" the "kingdom of God come with power" in that they saw Jesus (in a monarchy, the king is the kingdom) come in "power." After all, he glowed. What more do you want, people?

• veradico
    veradico

Two things not to point out while you are giving this talk:

1) The apostles (and the authors of the gospels) don't seem to be troubled by the idea of Moses and Elijah appearing before Jesus. Thus, they must not have properly studied the Faithful and Discreet Slave's literature on the mortality of the soul.

2) Matthew and Mark say the transfiguration happened six days after Jesus' announcement, but Luke says it happened after eight days. The Bible does not contradict itself. Therefore, 1+1+1+1+1+1=8

• XOCO
    XOCO

i appreciate everyone about putting in their input on the subject of transfigureation. I have stirred up a concotion of ideas where i want everyone to see that this time its not going to be my average # 3 assignment.

XOCO (having her cocktail and eating her pizza too)

• dawg
    dawg

XCO,

I hope you'll take the advice of those that said not to waste your life on this religion; get out while your young and happy... don't worry about mom, be loving and kind to her, but you can't live your life to please her misguided thoughts abouut God. Take care and have a great day

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi,

Just tell them that many of the Witnesses that thought the end was near.in Knorr's day,that is Nathan Knorr, well they are now booking into the the Jah Jirah old folks home run by Witnesses and if they want more information log onto their website.Stand back in case of stampede.

Best Wishes,

Edmond.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

How has the transfiguration vision been fulfilled?

Xoco,

The transfiguration account describes a transfiguration first and then a vision. Mt 17:2 There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. We know what happened to Moses when just his face was radiant. I take it that this was the time when our Lord was given the immortality that Adam would have attained if he had eaten from the tree of life. That it was no normal event which we can simply dismiss is easily shown by: Mt 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. It explains how our Lord could now give immorality to the human race for which He would sacrifice Himself. 2Ti 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: In this way not simply a human life but an immortal human life documented in the text was offered for us thus making everlasting life possible once again. 2Pet 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. This glory which the Father also had (1 Tim. 1:17) is the immortality now offered to all other humans (1 Tim 6:16) because of this sacrifice. This is my take on it.

Joseph

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

XOCO

I was born into the TRUTE. I got out in 1985 after suffering 2 nervous breakdowns . The emotional trauma was caused by the WTS propaganda. Please dear XOCO, get out of this whore of a religion while you're still sane.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

XOCO, Volume 2 Insight Book 2nd paragraph gives some info. (if you want to believe it) Left that cult 4 years ago.

• veradico
    veradico

I would like to add that AGuest's post could make an interesting premise for a reasonably interesting fantasy novel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit