I know ur gonna hate this but i gotta ask.

by XOCO 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I like that as an introduction, zeroday.

Or how about this XOCO?

"Jesus wants all of us to go home right now and never come back."

That should be memorable.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

did you find this?

w051/15pp.16-17pars.5-8ForegleamsofGod’sKingdomBecomeaReality***

Referring to the transfiguration, the apostle Peter wrote: "Consequently we have the prophetic word made more sure; and you are doing well in paying attention to it as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until day dawns and a daystar rises, in your hearts." (2 Peter 1:19) That figurative Daystar, or "bright morning star," is the glorified Jesus Christ. (Revelation 22:16) He ‘rose’ in 1914 when God’s Kingdom was born in heaven, marking the dawn of a new era. (Revelation 11:15) In the transfiguration vision, Moses and Elijah appeared alongside Jesus, conversing with him. Whom do they foreshadow?

Since Moses and Elijah shared in Christ’s glory, these two faithful witnesses must represent those who rule with Jesus in his Kingdom. The understanding that Jesus has corulers is in harmony with a visionary foregleam of the enthroned Messiah that the prophet Daniel was granted. Daniel saw "someone like a son of man" receiving "an indefinitely lasting rulership" from "the Ancient of Days," Jehovah God. But note what Daniel is shown shortly thereafter. He writes: "The kingdom and the rulership and the grandeur of the kingdoms under all the heavens were given to the people who are the holy ones of the Supreme One." (Daniel 7:13, 14, 27) Yes, more than five centuries before the transfiguration, God revealed that certain "holy ones" would share in Christ’s royal grandeur.

Who are the holy ones in Daniel’s vision? It is with reference to such individuals that the apostle Paul says: "The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are God’s children. If, then, we are children, we are also heirs: heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ, provided we suffer together that we may also be glorified together." (Romans 8:16, 17) The holy ones are none other than Jesus’ spirit-anointed disciples. In the Revelation, Jesus says: "To the one that conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, even as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne." Numbering 144,000, these resurrected ‘conquerors,’ along with Jesus, will rule over the entire earth.—Revelation 3:21; 5:9, 10; 14:1, 3, 4; 1 Corinthians 15:53.

Why, though, are anointed Christians represented by Moses and Elijah? The reason is that such Christians, while still in the flesh, do a work similar to that performed by Moses and Elijah. For example, they serve as Jehovah’s witnesses, even in the face of persecution. (Isaiah 43:10; Acts 8:1-8; Revelation 11:2-12) Like Moses and Elijah, they courageously expose false religion while exhorting sincere people to give God exclusive devotion. (Exodus 32:19, 20; Deuteronomy 4:22-24; 1 Kings 18:18-40) Has their work borne fruit? Absolutely! Besides helping to gather the full complement of anointed ones, they have helped millions of "other sheep" to show willing submission to Jesus Christ.—John 10:16; Revelation 7:4.

It would be much more exciting to stress how the WT interpretation of visions can change radically over the years, so it is good to keep an open mind and stay well tuned the WT for any changes that could be forthcoming. You can change the whole thrust of the talk towards of theme of staying flexible, and not getting too attached to any current teachings for fear that you may resist future changes introduced by the FDS.

Just a suggestion.

The Oracle

• XOCO
    XOCO

well yeah but even better i can say at the university library section of religion. but i got a warning from the elders. about seeking higher edu

• zeroday
    zeroday
    OMG lol that would be great for my house holder to say!

AHHHH HAAAA you must be an Elderett...

• XOCO
    XOCO

Awe sweet oracle

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The transfiguration vision has been fulfilled by when Jesus sees who has profited from his message of a his kingdom and truth on earth

And crushes down these profiteering false prophets namely the Watchtower Society, when this evil Society is completely decimated globally

the fulfillment will be finished and his new order will begin

• XOCO
    XOCO
    Elderette

yeah may be an elerette in training

• zeroday
    zeroday
    but i got a warning from the elders. about seeking higher edu

Listen to your "INNER APOSTATE" come to the DARK SIDE Luke I mean XOCO...

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I always had a problem with the whole transfiguration thing. Seems to me it either defeats the whole WT proposition of the new order and the ressurection, or there were some heavy drugs involved.

• XOCO
    XOCO

to almighty

it seems like the same story in the rev book but with date, and crazy looking deformed anmals where each body part rep strength, weekness, human or another animals. to me it just gets me so side tracted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit