Welcome, Brokenhearted63

by delilah 21 Replies latest jw friends

• delilah
    delilah

On another thread, you said,

Is there anyone with insights and wisdom able to reach out to me in kindness, without judgement?

you've come to the right place. Welcome.

• BrokenHearted63
    BrokenHearted63

Thank you....I wonder what I will find here...and how do I find what I need here?

• eclipse
    eclipse

I hope that whatever has broken your heart has passed.

I hope that your heart mends soon.

No judgement here, what is your story?

We are here to listen and help you if you want us to....

• delilah
    delilah

Just relax.....read the threads that interest you, open your heart and mind. You will find what you need, in time. There are many wise, and insightful people here.

You are amongst friends....

• changeling
    changeling

What you need and what you find are very personal.

Look around here, read old posts, read the "best of" section and see what, if anything, strikes a cord.

We are all very differerent here, but we are all in this together,

Welcome,

changeling

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Glad you are here with us Brokenhearted. Leaving is a process....it takes time to heal from the affects of a cult. Keep coming back!!!

glitter-4.gif image by Lesliev1031

Leslie

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

The information you need seems to come to you as you are ready...so welcome, and I hope you find it!!

• DJK
    DJK

Welcome.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Welcome, Brokenhearted63.

There are reasons for why we are where we are.

In trying to understand and accept these reasons, we can improve and find some peace, without judging ourselves too harshly.

Pride and shame: Seeing that your behavior arises on its own - out of your particular biologically given traits and your particular career through life, not from a non-material controlling self - might pry you loose from excessive pride and shame. Your successes resulted from personal characteristics given to you in their entirety by nature and nurture, combined with circumstances in which you could express your talents. Likewise, your failures arose not from some weakness of will that could have been otherwise, but out of conditions which can be understood as the natural unfolding of physical and psychological processes. Anyone with the same internal and external circumstances would have done as well, or as badly. Understanding this won’t change the fact that you enjoy success and regret failure, but it may loosen the grip of ego and ease the burden of self-blame.

http://www.naturalism.org/conseque.htm

It's never too late to to make things better.

Peace and love to you, friend.

• BFD
    BFD

Welcome, brokenhearted, in time I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. There are some good people here.

Enjoy the ride.

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit