what religion are you now?

by 4digitcode 48 Replies latest jw friends

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

anyone believe in fairies and angels?

• erynw
    erynw

No religion. A god may have existed and may have created everything but he/she/it has abandoned this little experiment called Earth.

• gusgus1
    gusgus1

I attend a Christian church, after 11 years of being afraid to go into one from what we were taught as witnesses, I have found everything they taught us about the churches is wrong, I see more being done in the churches than ever was done while I was a JW. We help the needy, we donate to food banks, we go to Nicuraga and Haiti to help, we help our community when in need, and many other things.

I don't feel guilty if I miss church or feel like I'm a weak member in the congregation, sometimes I need to be elsewhere with my family and that's okay. I love the association with other fellow believers. We have bible studies, and we study from the bible.... wow.... I love that, and we're not buying new books all the time. We let our children, (grandchildren), go to Sunday School, and enjoy learning about the Lord, and make it fun to learn, and celebrate their birthdays and Christmas with them...

I go out of love, not fear or guilt... Amen

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm a Fundamentalist Roccoist, meaning that I pay homage to the Great Bird God, Rocco. I offer sacrifices of food, toys, and tummy rubs. In return He blesses me with unconditional love.

• delilah
    delilah
    I don't feel guilty if I miss church or feel like I'm a weak member in the congregation, sometimes I need to be elsewhere with my family and that's okay.

See, this is why I haven't gone to any other church....I will not allow another religion to make me feel guilty, or unworthy, ever again.

So, I'm not any religion.

• moshe
    moshe

When I remarried 7 years ago I decided to take classes at my wife's Synangogue and six months later I converted to Judaism.

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

erynw-- i have pften toyed with that idea

gus--i'm happy you have found something that works for you and you are able to do it without guilt, fear or shame.

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

moshe--did you convert for the wifey or you've truly convertedd in your heart to judaism?

thanks guys for the replies. this is great.

• 5go
    5go

Let me see I almost converted to Judaism, then I though about Islam, then Buddhism, and Shintoism why not? Then I settled on a form of gnosticism. Though I say to any one that asks me, I am an atheist. Which is true, I don't believe in other people's theology.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

4digitcode quote: babyaga: very intersting. do tell more if you like... Sure... I'd love to... it is easiest to explain by giving you a link to a quote from my beloved bishop, Rosamonde Miller, as she answers "Who Are We"... http://www.gnosticsanctuary.org/who_are_we.html Have fun on your journey.

Love,
    Baba

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit