what religion are you now?

by 4digitcode 48 Replies latest jw friends

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

i'm sure this has been asked a million times before but since leaving the witnesses what religion (or lack thereof) have you chosen for yourself? and what is it about that religion that attracted you?

i'll go first.

since leaving the witnesses i think i no longer believe in God, not out of anger, actually i think i like the idea of him more since i don't believe in him anymore. Genuine faith in him helps so many people around the world that i say good for them.

i think he's just not there but that if he is he may well understand why some don't believe in him anymore.
    Since leaving i have gained an interest in meditation and yoga and am keen about learning about buddhism.i'm not planning to convert any day soon but i like expanding my spiritual horizons i guess. I still believe in taking the most out of figures like jesus. I think he is a great character whether real or fictional and we can all achieve finding the answers to our questions. The world is beautiful and scary at the same time. Since not having god in my life it has been scarier and more lonely (and i solely think this is because of the intense everyday religiosity of being a JW)but it has also felt more real than ever before.
    i'm glad i chose the red pill.

any takers?

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

i realized too late that i asked what religion people WERE. what i meant was obviously what religion are you a follower of?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

After many, many years of being the "anti-religion poster child", I found a sanctuary that sings to me... I consider myself to be a Gnostic. NOT to be confused with agnostic, although my beloved bishop says you have to be agnostic before you become gnostic (you have to admit that you do NOT know before you are able to KNOW.)

No dogma, no rules, no mind-control, just pure and beautiful, freeing rituals. Truly lovely and healing.

Cheers,
    Baba.

• changeling
    changeling

I am free and I worship the god of Sunday brunch.

changeling

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I am of the religion that has existed since man was a man , it is the truth of our inner nature, our true identiy unobscured by conditioning, although I fail to achieve the unltimate perfection of complete conection with my source at all times , I am blessed by being able to sense it each day for brief periods.

I belong to the church of the human being, we all do, and our constant struggle to find solace and an answer to our existence simply obscures the reallity of the simple truth that all we need and desire in already within us

" The kingdom of heaven is within you " to put it in terms relavent to christianity , it was simply put by Jesus.

Simply being aware of ones true nature , devoid of thought and simply discovering that we are the thing that experiences thought and not the thoughts themselves nor are we the question or are the asker of the question but are the consiousness beneath thought, will point to the greater reallity dormant within us.

It's profound and wonderfull and completely within the realm of a humans experience, it satisfies on the level of self where no self delusion is possible and makes understanding of the perfection and completeness of life possible.

Sorry for the long tirade but the relief and joy of this realization is the greatest blessing in life and I am tasked with it's self evident duty and would be remiss as a human being if I didn't do all in my power to bring this gift in everyway possible.

God is an invention brought about by ignorance and fear , the truth of our existence is far more wonderful and profound that any story ever told by man. Please don't give up the search for consiousness and awareness of " God ".

With all the love in myheart I wishyou the greatest fullfillment of your purpose

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

babyaga: very intersting. do tell more if you like...

changeling: see i like that god! lol! what about the god of saturday afternoon high-street shopping?

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

blueviceroy it seems you have found peace. teh same kind i hope i will achieve one day. i have become surprisingly humanistic since leaving the JWs; I believe people are capable of so much more than the picture religion has painted of humans.
    It's so sad that the human spirit is crushed in this way.

• poppers
    poppers

Well said, blueviceroy!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

A happy humanist / atheist, it's a good thing

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Non-denominational, non-church attending, Christian.

I read the Bible everyday, pray everyday, and do my best to live my life in imitation of the example set by Christ, as well as all the chosen one's written about in the Bible.

I associate with others who are like minded for fellowship and good upbuilding discussion- "wherever two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in their midst".-Matthew 18:20

I help the needy in every way I possibly can.

BA- Christian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit