Your Opinion: Worst action/aspect of WTBS?

by feenx 28 Replies latest jw friends

• feenx
    feenx

Hello All :) So I'm curious to get your opinions. In your minds what is the worst part of the WTBS? The abuse issue, money, false teachings/doctrines, control? Obviously all of them are horrible and reason to not be a part of the religion. But what has affect you the most? I've been doing a lot research lately into the WTBS in general, and it seems everyday I come across yet another aspect of them that at the very least is less than desireable. So, for you, what's been the worst?

• Gopher
    Gopher

In the words of ex-JW Janet Jackson, "CONTROL"

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

personally for me its the Lies.

anyone can get something wrong and when they do, i will totally respect them if they hurry to fix the error by admiting they had it wrong.

no religion gets it right 100% of the time but the good ones will be QUICK to admit a mistake after investigateing. they will make a statement and correct the wrong as best they can.

the wt uses quotes from scholars since they dont have any proper qualified individuals with scholar credentials amongst themselves............... but they purposely misquote the scholar.

you can read the article they quote from............ and its obvious that by the end of the scholar in questions comments that he belives the exact opposite and has made that case.

any religion that is based solidly on lies........... is made up of liars. nothing they say can be trusted to be 100% pure. nor can anything they say be trusted to be for your benefit.............. if they outright lied then its for THEIR benefit.

• emy the infidel
    emy the infidel

They exist and operate under the protection of rights they deny their members.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

The control they have is the bottom line because that's how they get away with what should have been a scandalous relationship with the UN. Most dubs don't even know and the ones that do think they did nothing wrong.

I was pissed about the UN.

I was shocked by their history.

I was heartbroken about Malawi/Mexico.

I was sickened by the knowedge of The Silent Lambs.

" Cuz when they own the information ohhh,

they can bend it all they want". John Mayer - "Waiting For The World to Change"

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Hmm...family told they "disassociated themselves" because they expressed doubts, and the suicidal despair that brought?

Or...a childhood full of rape at the hands of an elder?

Tough choice... -adw

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

It all boils down to an illusionary concept involving the Watchtower organization that gradually takes over our decision making process and even our conscience without us realizing it.

Then we become captive of an illusionary concept. Namely, that Jesus appointed the Watchtower as his representative here on earth in 1919.

Hence, believing that, has made this the Watchtower's worst action as it holds captive all who join it and allows them to get away ( Legal is paying for some of the Child Abuse cases and some have gone to jail ) with destroying the lives of so many good- hearted people.

The Tort of Misrepresentation is being tried out in court and it will be awhile before we see how this action pans out.

Blueblades

• happehanna
    happehanna

They are evil liars who are accountable

It is impossible to know the extent of their damage, deceit, deaths and destroyed lives

• metatron
    metatron

The worst common aspect of the WBTS is that they destroy families.

metatron

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Pretentious lies, corruption when dealing with money $$$ and the incidental deaths and suicides of young children

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit