Comments You Will Not Hear at the WT Study (10/29 PRACTICE MERCY)

by WT Comments 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WT Comments
    WT Comments

Soliciting your comments as well!
    Please take a moment to post a comment, even if brief. Share your experience and keep the topic active.

• bobld
    bobld

Very good review.Q12/13 If a JW confesses to something or questions FDS/GB?And the gestapo,the 3 elders j.c.take him into the torture chamber and beat a confession out of him.The JW repents,why don't they show him mercy.Instead they kick him out and disfellowship him.

Disaster.I believe they have a AAKF the WBTS inhouse insurance.They get bang for their buck.

Q17 Its like 2k years people have been waiting for a new system.

Bob

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I notice that they place enlarging the congregation above providing material support. Let them starve. Let them get left out in the cold. As long as we are helping spread this cancer, it will be OK. I bet that will be going on in the fires in California, and it happened in Katrina and the Tsunami--get the Witlesses on more solid footing, get the Kingdumb Hells rebuilt, and then start organizing a drive to spread the cancer before the people can get back on their feet from the initial disaster.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

On Paragraph 14, I notice that the Bible tells us to remove the rafter out of our own eye before attempting to extract the straw from our brother's. So, why would they try to remove the straw out of a "slanderer"'s eye before removing the rafter out of the pedophile's? And often the pedophile is the one that is doing the disfellowshipping--for straws. To me, the act of molesting children with force, extortion, or fraud and deception and then silencing the victim is a much bigger rafter than any of the things that they are disfellowshipping the victims for.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Now I am convinced, somebody took my talk. Of course they left out the parts I had on showing mercy to those outside. Isaac Carmignani

• 5go
    5go

Let us not forget they only help their own if they can make a buck on through diaster aid, or a low interest loan.

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

I feel nausea coming on!!

The part about the insurance checks I found to be quite enlightening! I had never thought about that before ... they are so deceitful

jelcat

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Para. 1
    Who were the Samaritans? They were the apostate remnants of the old 10-tribe kingdom of Judah.

Excellent points

Para. 3-4
    The Samaritan was helping someone of a different religion.

Instead this study will toss less than 20% of its content towards non-JWs.

They did not make the point that Jesus told the Jews to be "the same way" as the Samaritan, doing good to the
    outsiders. They did not even try to make the point that some Samaritans (outsiders) might be better at doing
    good for their "brothers" than brothers, themselves were.

Para. 8

We practice mercy by treating others impartially.

Here the WT rolls itself up and slaps Jesus across the face. We start with the Samaritan story of mercy-without-borders and twist it into a JW-only charity.

I noticed that point, too (para. 8) Why doesn't the Good Samaritan example lead to doing good for
    all people?

Para. 14
    Why, then, do you look at the straw in your brother's eye, but do not consider the rafter in your own eye?

Does the WTS have any right to condemn the Catholic Church for sex abuse problems?

Even this last year's Kingdom News leaflet campaign continued this attack on another Church for
    this abuse. This was right after the settlements.

Para. 17

The finest way to show mercy...is to share Bible truth with them. Recruit them!!

Did the Samaritan try to share his religion with the beaten Jew?

What a marvelous way to come full circle on your thoughts of the Samaritan.

• minimus
    minimus

All the Society wants is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Now is the time to have a zealous share in the Kingdom preaching and disciple-making work.

No other act of mercy is as important.

"If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, yet a certain one of you says to them: `Go in peace, keep warm and well fed,' but you do not give them the necessities for their body, of what benefit is it?"

Wait for Jehovah's kingdom he will take care of all the worlds problems.

Great point about the samaritan being equal to a modern day apostate.
    Always enjoy reading your comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit