How sad to read all of this.

es

• alamb
    alamb

Bethany Hughes

• alamb
    alamb

2 Canadian babies.

After the courts intevened to save the others with transfusions the father said:

'[The mother] and I could not bear to be at the hospital when they were violating our little girl.'—Father of the sextuplets

sick

• alamb
    alamb

On December 19, 2001, a young boy's body floated up in Lint Slough, not far from the coastal town of Newport, Oregon. He seemed to be about 4 years old and wore only his underwear. Three days later, divers found the body of a slightly younger little girl, still in 9 feet of murky water, under the Lint Slough Bridge, still tethered to the bottom by a pillowcase full of rocks tied around her ankle. Divers found a similar weighted pillowcase, which had apparently been tied around the boy's ankle. Also in those waters was a sleeping bag full of rocks. Authorities never released a cause of death for the two children, but said they had not died from trauma. Speculation has it that the two children were weighted down by their own cartoon pillowcases full of rocks, both shoved into the sleeping bag and thrown off the bridge into the slough—while still alive.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/family/christian_longo/index.html

----------------------------------------------------------

The Longo children

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Clay D. from Georgia was abused by his mother for YEARS, and he'd blocked the memory out.

Although many years my senior, he stood with me and two other men at my wedding 9.5 years ago. I counted him among the men I most respected. He was an elder for a couple of decades, and the best sort of elder.

By the time he began to remember, in his 50s, he felt such overwhelming guilt and shame at never having TOLD ("concealed sin") that he had a severe mental break. My PO dad and the body of elders, to their great credit, tried to get him committed to get him psychological help. But he had been so doctrinally ingrained on being highly suspicious of psychologists and psychotherapists that he resisted all treatments offered. He had no money. Don't laugh, but, he was literally a windowasher.

He didn't think Jehovah could ever love him. He killed himself after being released from the psychiatric wing of the hospital in Albany, GA. His dear wife found him, smiling, "peaceful" she said.

He died because of the combined effects of (1) HORRIBLE child abuse policies and doctrines about the role of children in the family throughout his childhood, (2) repeated aspersions cast on the psychotherapeutic segment of medical treatment, (3) the unscriptural doctrine that a long concealed sin is even more heinous in the eyes of God than other kinds, and (4) the "encouragement" to spend maximum time and energy on propagandizing and minimal time earning enough to eke a living out on.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

My best friend got DF'd in his mid 20's, I know he had some alchol issues, his Elder dad was wickedly strict about JW stuff. He lasted for a couple of months. His Dad, my pioneer partner, forbid any contact from anyone -- to "teach him a lesson and make him come back...it's the loving thing to do, to save his life..."

After he killed himself, I went to see my friend. The JW parents were wanting to get this done as cheap as possible, so, they didn't even rent a coffin. He was just laying out on that cold slab, hands together, feet splayed...and he had his glasses on. I think he only wore them for reading. Seemed strange, then he was cremated.

Then, many years later, my Mom died needing a blood transfusion. I held her hand while she died, listening to that 'count-down'- to- death beep -- 5-4-3-2-1---- - - - - - - - - - ---------------------------- to the end. That changed me...

Rabbit

Btw, including myself...I know a couple of dozen JW's that lived thru suicide attempts related to JW shunning & stress.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Has anybody mentioned brother Wheelock who jumped from the window at Bethel. I know a guy who a witness that blew his head off in April of this year as well as someone who went to the same congregation but in the morning hours. The love of the witnesses is so strong Christ would have been proud.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

That Goddamn Governing Body.

• new boy
    new boy

Thank you my friend AK Jeff for your post ..

Yes...Richard Wheellock did kill himself at Bethel...It was after his death that the "Society" softed their stand on suicides!.....as in Maybe....God could forgive them....isn't that nice of God..

The good thing about killing yourself at least you don't have to worry about the guilt anymore.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Es,

You took the words right out of my mouth. How Sad and so far it has been mostly women. How can anyone with a heart let this happen to other people is just unbecoming. My heart aches for all those who took their life because of a bunch of evil demon bastards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit