James Olson Killed Himself Today!

by new boy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I have lost four loved ones in death due to the JW dogma... only one of them, my beloved Father, to the blood issue.

Part of my story is in the thread I started here:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/121984/1.ashx

Strength to us all.

Love,
    Baba.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I know of at least 3 young teenagers that committed suicide due to the over oppressing anxiety and stress of Armageddon back in the 70's

In the young teen years this a time in a person's life when people are the most insecure and sensitive to outside social pressures.

One young fellow hung himself in a garage which was located next to a parking lot of a Hall that I used to attend, used to give me the creeps

whenever we parked are car and viewed the garage walking to the hall. I think he was only 13 or 14 at the time and now my brother is partially related

to his family due to marriage.

• compound complex
    compound complex

A GILEAD STUDENT FROM THAILAND

A young Thai girl who came to New York to attend the Society's Gilead School in upstate South Lansing, New York, had a mental breakdown. Staff members pleaded with President Knorr to send her home by plane, under supervision. He adamantly refused and gave instructions to send her home alone, "the cheapest way possible." She was sent to San Francisco by train and had passage booked for her on a ship to Thailand.

Evidently suffering another breakdown, she jumped overboard. The ship circled but never found her in the shark-infested waters. The captain sent a radiogram to the headquarters in Brooklyn. The switchboard operator, Arthur Barnett, received the message and receptionist Russell Kurzen also learned of the tragedy. The distressing news was then relayed to several members of the staff. When Knorr heard that the news was being circulated among the headquarters personnel, he was furious. Both men were reprimanded, and removed from their positions for revealing the contents of the radiogram.

The author [per footnote # 30] called several sources at Bethel but was unsuccessful in learning her name.

THE FOUR PRESIDENTS OF THE WATCH TOWER SOCIETY (Jehovah's Witnesses), Edmond C. Gruss, p.96

Will write later about Charles De Wilda, former Bethelite ousted by NHK, who died on a park bench in the dead of winter. Kindly Bethelites were forbidden by Knorr to help him while still alive.

What tragedies. I had a nervous and physical breakdown, requiring that I leave Bethel, and Bro. Knorr wrote me a very sympathetic letter - had he changed?

Welcome back, NB!

CoCo

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I was a close personal friend of James Olson [as mentioned by jk666 above]. Jim, was in fact, the person who finished my conversion to the Jw religion. When I was 15, and he was perhaps 16 or so, he came calling as a pioneer at my parents' home. His particular interest was in me. I studied, I already believed, having been indoctrinated by my mother from age 5.

I loved the guy. He was my best friend after I came in the 'Truth'. We pioneered together, went to assemblies together, and played musical instruments together. When he died, I expected him to be back in a couple of years, right after Armageddon was over. Now - precisely 34 years later - still no ressurection, and no Jim. Every once in a while I see someone from behind of Jim's build and similar hair and complexion, and I almost pray when he turns around that it will be him.

When he died, Mother Brooklyn 'took care' of all the arrangements. He is buried somewhere on Long Island, though I have no idea where. I never got to say goodbye. I miss you, friend.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The previous year I had lost my other close friend in a trucking accident. And the following year, Jim's brother, Marvin headed off to Bethel, and there went my other best friend. When he returned, it was 7 years later, he had become so holier-than-thou that we never re-engaged our friendship again.

My 'truth youth' was devastating in it's losses as I look back.

Jeff

• dawg
    dawg

If I remember your story correctly... oh the love. I couldn't stop readin it

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Joyce Lang - Columbus Ohio. Committed Suicide ~ She was Convinced by the Elders she was possessed by Demons.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Thanks CoCo for that info, I have that book as well as Cetner's account, but I have no information thus far on the poor woman's name or other specifics.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

Dogma kills

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

i knew a young brother who shot himself because he watched "the lawnmower man" a R rated movie and was consumed by guilt, and typical depression from being in such a cult............. damn shame

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit